please someone VERY GRAPHIC PICS

If worse comes to worse...You can do it by soaking a rag with starter fluid and placing the rag and the chick in an airtight container. Be sure you use STARTER fluid and not lighter fluid. Starter fluid is ether and you can get it at any auto place. This is the method I've used for chicks and newborn puppies. They (2 of them) too were born with their intestines outside. I could never do the scissors way. This way they just overdose on the ether and go to sleep permanently.

Last edited:
GRI005.jpg

The one with the belly button is mostlikly a unhealed navel or a rough navel and should "asorb" so you can't see it. Now... pink, curly intestines? With egg sac? Maybe post a pic of this? If I remember right, chick intestines should be tangreen and the yolk sac if unasorbed would be bright yellow with veins. A pic would help, but if you think it is suffering too badily, or the yolk sac has ruptured and it has lost it's internals, I would euthanize.

How long has it been like that? If the peep is up and alive and happy, it has a chance, now if that sac pops though, it will be quick to dehydrate. It is kind of hard to see but that sure looks like yolk sac. I would uthanize if you don't think it has a chance of asorbing or drying up and falling off. How does the navel look? Has it pulled in and pinched off? Or is it still red and you can see the yolk coming out of it?

This is hard to say. Good luck and if you chose to euthanize it, just remember you are doing it for it's own good as it would end any suffering. So don't feel too bad if the inevatable comes.

I don't know I have not looked but I will and get back with you I know that it has fresh blood on it

it is trying to get up but then lays back down with its eyes closed. its belly is open and has a gray blob hanging out of it then a orange colored thing the the egg sack

you can see it a little better now do you see the orange stuff? it has been like this since yesterday afternoon around 3 pm
GRI007.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom