Please tell me this is not a rooster!

Just look at that breast width.her or none of my babies have any breast st all.uts bone.i don't know why.they are still only 6months old an free-range.i don't about breast size other than self sustinance for them.it just has me wondering why.
How many beers does it take until you REALLY start checking out a hens breasts?

This guys too funny.

This makes me so sad, he has been my favorite. The gentlest and least scatterbrained (haha) and so friendly. And I thought she (he :( ) was the prettiest of our girls, too. I absolutely don't have the heart to slaughter him, and they are notoriously difficult to find homes for in our area, since no one is allowed to have them. Everyone only wants hens. I just don't know what to do now.... besides hurry up and move. :/
If you haven't got rid of him yet, im just in time. Why cant you have roosters? becuase of crowing, or aggressive behavior? If he does not act those ways, how would they know its a rooster? If you kept him, and said he was a she, it probably wouldnt matter. I would say keep him. A very gentle and quite rooster, very rare, take that opportunity!

OP stated they live in a village that doesn't allow roosters. So I would take that as because of the noise.
He is defiantly a cockerel and sooner or later will start crowing.
I'd re home him asap. Otherwise you're just gonna get more attached and make it harder to let him go.
You keep him around until he starts crowing you could end up faces fines , having to re home him quickly which would mean no time to be selective about where he goes or even having to give up all your chickens.

Ok, I'm not 100% about all of it. Maybe they do just develop the characteristics of the other gender, but being fertile or nor does not mean they aren't male. Human men that are infertile are still men biologically.

I love your avatar btw.
True about the infertile men still being men, but, they don't typically have a females reproductive tract. The hen does not grow testicles and the ovary does not go away, so, it is still female.

Back
Top Bottom