PO lost eggs, all I got was, "I am sorry."

lostsoulhelpmejebus

Incubating Fool
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Roanoke, Illinois
The PO lost a shipment of Priority eggs coming to me. I called their Customer Service line with the confirmation number, they confirmed it was accepted but nothing after that. I filled out their website form...it went straight to my PO. My Postmaster called me and confirmed that it appeared the package was accepted but was never received by them. He apologized and said sorry, but there nothing he could do, he hoped I would still use their service in the future.

The seller offered to resend the eggs at no cost but I have to pay for shipping or she will refund the eggs but will not refund the shipping.

Is this pretty standard? I am just frustrated that the PO is not doing anything. We all know shipping in not cheap. Do you have to buy insurance in addition to the Priority shipping? If you do buy the insurance what exactly will/won't it cover?

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but yes, it's pretty standard, and one of the risks we take. It's frustrating, I know, but it happens. I'm guessing there are others that have had it happen to them, that can share what they did.
smile.png

As an ebay seller common sense would have told her to put insurance on them. Paperwork should be filed and the cost of the eggs and the shipping costs will be returned. Ask the PO if there was insurance on the package. If yes I would contact the seller and make them aware that you know there was insurance on the package. Was it Ebay?

I would still contact the PO just to see if there was insurance on the package. Makes no sense to add del conf and no insurance. Insurance costs a wopping 2-3.00 if not less. However, if you didnt provide insurance or it wasnt stated in the shipping fee that it included insurance then your out of luck. If your not sure I would open a different account on eggbid and ask them if shipping charges includes insurance. If you get a return email stating yes then proceed. You havent left feedback yet have you. Dont till you figure things out.

I don't think they'll insure eggs...if they know they're eggs.

The confirmation number unfortunately does not get scanned often times along the route.....only when it's accepted and when it reaches it's desitination.

Fom what I am told from the PO if they ship it they insure it otherwise why would they ship it. I put insurance on 95% of my items and if the package was lost I would always be able to recoup.

Back
Top Bottom