POISONOUS?.?. Help

Is here anything I can feed them to help get it out of their systems there’s I still not a poultry vet nears vet near

I know that activated charcoal can be fed as a poison antidote I believe. Don't know who or how much but I think ti can be used. @Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @azygous
This isn’t a life saver vet I’m going to call the number tomorrow if they don’t see me better I’m going to feed them some eggs right now because they didn’t eat for 2 days thanks again your the life’s saver as well

Actually, I think he is talking about this product: Garden Safe w/ DE which is primarily filled with Silicon Dioxide, used as a commercial anti-caking agent.

Its basically non reactive, non toxic in amounts studied (human food can contain up to 2% by weight), is readily present in the environment, and dangerous primarily as an inhaled irritant, not as a consumed "foodstuff". DE is very similar in those respects.

No, if that's what your birds ate, they aren't poisoned, any more than if you were to eat cleaned sand. It may still be uncomfortable, and potentially cause other problems in quantity, but its not poison.

Here's its hazard statement -

Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals
CAUTION.
Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.

FIRST AID
If in Eyes:
Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first five minutes, then continue rinsing eyes. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
Hotline Number: Have the product container or label with you when calling a Poison Control Center or doctor, or going for treatment. You may also contact 1-800-257-3379 for emergency medical treatment information.

ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS
To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area.

If it's the insecticide with silicon dioxide, it's harmless, but caustic if inhaled.

The ingredient in insecticide to avoid applying on or near chickens at all costs is petroleum distillates.

If your chickens were exposed to any product containing petroleum distillates, they would be either dead or paralyzed by now. It acts very quickly to maim and kill poultry.

Update: the poop was runny and an off color so I’m going to call the emergency number on the package

They had it all over the beak and nostrils and some on their eyelids so I’m going to flush it out I just hope their okay and thanks To alll of you necuase this is really helping me 🤩☺️👍

Back
Top Bottom