Poland not eating lethergic constantly sleeping

I am back. I'm so sorry no one else is responding to this thread. When she threw up, it may have been an indication of sour crop. Apple cider vinegar in the water - 1 Tblsp. per gallon helps with that. Do a search on sour crop. I'm going to look for someone on here with more experience and PM them. Hang in there. I'm so sorry!

thankyou for coming back on we dont have cider vinegar? anything else we could use instead? odd thing is there is only fluid in her crop no food! i have ground some corn as i know it has a warming effect and mixed it with gatorade and fed that too her but still no improvement

I have PM'd a moderator and Nifty Chicken, an administrator. I hope one of them checks their messages soon and can give you more expert advice. I'm just fishing here, and trying to remember as much as I can about sick chickens I've read about on here. Sundays must be slow for mods. Everybody needs some time off. We need to keep this near the top, and I don't know how to execute a bump. But as long as we keep talking, it will stay near the top of the recent posts and you are bound to get better advice as soon as a moderator or even a member who has been through something like this reads your posts. I'm saying a prayer that you will get a speedy response. Just try to keep her comfortable and let her rest a bit. I don't know what else to tell you. Did you do a search using lethargic hen or chicken?

I just started a new thread calling for Moderator or Administrator help. I posted the link to this thread, and now you will probably be bombarded with knowledgable well-wishers. Hope this works!
smile.png

thankyou for contacting those folks its typical that these things happen on a sunday when few are about! but we cant thankyou enough for your help. we have searched everysite we can think of and the closest yet is worms but she just isnt eating so everytime her crop empties were refilling with with ground-corn-water!

Could your hen be egg bound? Do you have free choice calcium in their run so they can get enough of it? What about her treats and diet over the past while. If you suspect that she is egg bound, you can give her a warm bath to see if you can relax her and get her to expel what's in her. Is her abdomen swollen? Keep her in a warm dark place so she can rest. Beyond that I don't know what you can do.

As a note, when a thread gets really long, it appears that the OP has gotten lots of answers to their question. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom