Poland not eating lethergic constantly sleeping

Remember... you shouldn't bump messages:

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

I am not sure what to tell you as what you are describing can be a number of things and without seeing the bird it is also hard to diagnose.
From the sounds of it I wonder if she isn;t egg bound like silkiechicken thinks. Could also maybe be a blockage somewhere in the digestive system of your chicken if she is not wanting to eat but that is just a guess. I hope she makes it.

suppose there is a blockage in the system can we do anything to clear it? i doint think shes eggbound as shes had a nice warm bath today. the odd thing is she has a hunchback not far behind her legs but forward of her tail. her balance is getting bad now she tips over forward when she falls asleep.

From what you are saying it does sound like more of an egg bound issue. Palpate the abdomen and see if you can feel anything in there. If you can then search eggbound on here and go from there. I am not sure if there is anything that you could do if there was a blockage in her digestive track.

Last edited:
More than likely, it is some kind of bacterial infection, based on what symptoms you have described. Really need more information to tell you more. I would isolate the bird, (always do this right away) provide normal food and clean water, and I would start a broad spectrum antibiotic like terramycin (it won't hurt even if it isn't needed). I can't narrow it down more than that with what you have listed for symptoms though. If you tell us more, we might be able to help. You have to really check her out, respiratory problems, thinness, color of face and comb, etc... Sorry I can't help more.

please can this be locked up or deleted somehow MODS thankyou to all of those of you that helped but its over now.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom