Poland not eating lethergic constantly sleeping

Oh, no.
hit.gif
I am so very sorry to hear that. You did all you could do, and she was fortunate to be owned by someone who loved her so much. She's not sick and suffering anymore. My prayers are with you. God bless you.

I'm so sorry!
sad.png
I just saw a message alerting me of this thread, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have had any more advice. I lost a hen to something that sounded very similar that we got from an auction. She acted the exact same way and then passed rather quickly from those symptoms. She was a polish, as well, oddly enough.

My gueess would have been worms or possibly a knock on the noggin. They can really mess the crested breeds up.
sad.png

I will go ahead and post this here for help to any others in the future but I think your bird might have had an egg (softshelled perhaps which often happens with a bird new to lay) break inside her:
... she has diarrhea which is yellow with alot of white matter in it

though this is a guess after the fact since it happened so very quickly... (meaning that worms were also a possibility however you mentioned her tail being down in addition to the above which would seem to indicate something going on in the reproductive tract >this is always a guess)...
Peritonitis (infection from the broken egg inside) is almost always fatal even if you do manage to get the "big-gun" drugs in time to the bird....
IF this was the case as to what happen I hope it is some comfort to know that even if you had gotten her to the vet on time her chances were slim with this condition.
Soooooo very sorry you lost her and I hope you believe me when I tell you that under the circumstances that other than getting her to a vet there was very little you could have done differently today that would have made any difference IMHO. :aww​

Back
Top Bottom