Polish Chicken acting drunk ~she lost her fight today

do you know anyone who has some prednisone?
can you call a vet for some?

this might really help her, as stated in the article and by dlh..
it reduces the inflammation to the brain..

I am sorry to hear about your dear polish. It seems when they get sick and we give them extra attention they become more dear to us.
hugs.gif
I hope that you are able to help her. If you are not, then at least know that you have done all you could and helped her all the way. May peace be with you.

Eta: will be waiting to find out what happens with her.

Last edited:
so far she is about the same. She has taken some of the parrot formula and more vitamin water w/ electrolites.
None of the vets in town that I have called with proscribe her prednisone with out seeing her (and there is only one vet here that sees chickens). Now it comes down to money. Seeing as I am a stay at home mom, and I dont think DH will be willing to pay the $63 for the exam and the added cost for the care looks like if I cant get her well in a day or so doing what I am doing I need to think about easiest option to let her go.
So far I have been able to give her the vitamins, and the parrot formula and keep water in her and she doesnt seem to be getting worse or suffering, so hopefully I will see an improvement doing this.

Last edited:
DH is going to ask at work today. I emailed people I know used to have ot....but it doesnt look good for Snowball. She is eating mush (parrot formula, and yogurt) and drinking her water...all by bottle or spoon. She is not getting worse but not any better I dont think...all but she is spreading her wings out now, and lifting her head...maybe it's just me and wishful thinking...but I dont want her to have to go on like this to long...living in a pet taxi....fed by hand, and only being out for a few ours a day.....lets see what the next few days bring.
I am not a religious (sp) person but I asked DH to add her in his prayers that he does every morning.

Quote:
Don't feel bad....DH and I asked for our entire Bible Study group (about 5 couples) to pray for our chickens one night. I was embarrased about it, but they were so understanding and encouraging!!

Best wishes,
BJ

Dexamethisone is another form of predisone, used in horses and cattle etc.. Did you try a livestock vet? Perhaps a friend that uses a farm vet, many vets that know you will often send a RX in with out a visit..

Back
Top Bottom