Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just turned a week old today, and already showing frizzle ♡♡ So hoping that my older is a roo and the 2 younger are hens..that'll give me a smooth and frizzle hen and smooth roo..the perect trio ♡♡

I remember going to my grandma's, she lived hours away so it was a trip we made a couple times a year..she always had a flock running around..I remember hunting eggs like everyday was Easter there.. she moved to the city while I was still younger and passed before I started my birds, but I swear sometimes my hens have a flash back to their unrelated ancestors and play hide n seek with their eggs ..and every time I can't help but think my grandma is watching from wherever laughing at me and the kids hunting down eggs ♡♡

My uncle had them when I was growing up, he lived only a couple of minutes away, and he had those mean son of a gun genies. I hated those things with a passion, especially when he had a hen sitting on eggs in a cage right by the door to the chicken pen. And of coarse there was daddy right on top of the cage protecting her and the eggs. There were days I wish he would just shoot the thing, but then again it was nice watching the dad with the chicks in the yard. But I bet you look back on those days and want to laugh to, and just thinking it was like Easter. Your kids probably think the same way, having to find those eggs every now and then.

My guineas have always been sweet , but pretty skittish of any people.. but I started training horses when I was 14 and would stay at one of my clients houses every summer so that I could get more training done..outside of my bedroom window was a pen that was donkeys turnout AND their guineas run..at the first crack of daylight, both the guineas and the donkey would start their crap and it was deafening..they had about 25 guineas and the 1 donkey..I never ever slept past daylight there..lol

The hens were always sweet, but not the male. Oh my goodness, I would be using some ear plugs or something with those things. That would get really annoying hearing that every morning. I'm happy with the rooster crowing in the morning.

Some vids of our babies!

Our White Crested Black Polish, Cochise and his squaws!

0.jpg

Elvis(had the greatest Elvis doo as he matured), Priscilla, Lisa Marie(of course) and Limpy(he has one legged twisted at 90 degree angle, but he's a sweetheart and keeper!)

0.jpg

I need to make one of our Silver Laced, they're in that crazy but beautiful look phase!

Some vids of our babies! Our White Crested Black Polish, Cochise and his squaws! Elvis(had the greatest Elvis doo as he matured), Priscilla, Lisa Marie(of course) and Limpy(he has one legged twisted at 90 degree angle, but he's a sweetheart and keeper!) I need to make one of our Silver Laced, they're in that crazy but beautiful look phase!
I love watching them run out of the coop first thing in the morning..my older babies have finally graduated to a big coop with attached run and today was the 1st day they really 'ran' out..they were stopping at the porch and kinda checking everything out first and then it would be a slow trickle out..my splash Silkie baby darted over my feet and was playing in the mud before the chicks knew the door was open..lol.. Your birds are gorgeous..I just ordered 6 GL chicks and 5 'assorted' so looking forward to see what the hatchery picks to send ♡♡

We have 2 White Crested Black Polishes. They are supposed to be pullets. Their names are Stroopwafel and Bubbles. Bubbles was named by my younger sister and Stroopwafel got her name because that is a kind of cookie they eat in Poland. I just call her Stroopie for short. We got them from a hatchery near our house from an assorted pack. We had never really thought about getting Polishes, but I'm glad we did. They run all around the coop and then when they are tired, they fall asleep in my lap!

My hen is a gold laced she is two but she still hasn't laid any eggs?? we have put her with two roosters in the past one died and the other started to be nasty so we sold him. she showed no interest in either of them. i think she thinks she's a dog as she spends most of her time sleeping in the house on the dog bed. should she be laying and is this normal??

Back
Top Bottom