Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's some pics of our Gold Laced babies that have grown up a bit! This is 2-3mth old Elvis, Priscilla and of course, Lisa Marie :) He had such a cute Elvis hairdoo going when he was younger, hense the names...

Here is an odd ball...This came from White Crested Black Polish...We're thinking it's closer to what may have been used to make a polish, than the polish! LOL it's 100% black with very little crest...

Does everyone think this polish is a rooster?

My hen is a gold laced she is two but she still hasn't laid any eggs?? we have put her with two roosters in the past one died and the other started to be nasty so we sold him. she showed no interest in either of them. i think she thinks she's a dog as she spends most of her time sleeping in the house on the dog bed. should she be laying and is this normal??

And you're sure that 'she' is indeed a she? And no chance that she is hiding when she lays? Mine took a while to lay, as long if not longer than my Silkies..I'm going to say they were between 15 and 18 months?
But the being tired and lethargic along with not laying may be symptoms of some underlying issue. Check her poos, deworm, add some vitamins, check for mites..maybe post in the diseases/emergency forum? I'm not sure what else to offer..it's always possible she's just a late bloomer but I always thought my guys were always super late at a year and a half..

Well I'm pretty sure she is a she but how would i check?? thank you for the advice. she is a bit odd so maybe she is just a late bloomer.

I just read a post earlier about a lady with a hen that laid and crows. .lol..so anything is possible ..but some pictures of her head from the top and sides and then a full body shot from the side and top (focusing on the area where saddle feathers woukd be)..if she's 2 tho, I would think her feathering would be glaringly obvious if she were indeed a he..I figure the odds of her being a late bloomer are better..she may also be an 'internal layer'..but I'd think she'd be sluggish and off acting if that were the case..maybe up her calcium just in case..

Here's some pics of our Gold Laced babies that have grown up a bit! This is 2-3mth old Elvis, Priscilla and of course, Lisa Marie :) He had such a cute Elvis hairdoo going when he was younger, hense the names... Here is an odd ball...This came from White Crested Black Polish...We're thinking it's closer to what may have been used to make a polish, than the polish! LOL it's 100% black with very little crest...
And btw, your GL are stunning...I looked and looked for GL with no luck all spring..but finally broke down and ordered from a hatchery ♡♡

I just read a post earlier about a lady with a hen that laid and crows. .lol..so anything is possible ..but some pictures of her head from the top and sides and then a full body shot from the side and top (focusing on the area where saddle feathers woukd be)..if she's 2 tho, I would think her feathering would be glaringly obvious if she were indeed a he..I figure the odds of her being a late bloomer are better..she may also be an 'internal layer'..but I'd think she'd be sluggish and off acting if that were the case..maybe up her calcium just in case..
Thank you, i have just put her away so i will send a better pic tomorrow

And btw, your GL are stunning...I looked and looked for GL with no luck all spring..but finally broke down and ordered from a hatchery ♡♡

And they're still babies! We sell lots of polish babies(over 100 for sale at moment, WAY too many at one time, we're just a pair of chicken nuts, not a hatchery) and we always ask people to send us pictures as they go thru their metamorphosis, it's always so spectacular a transformation and a big part of the polish owning experience, to us...If you buy them too old, you miss out on some of the most special moments of their lives...

Of course we start with the bubbles

to the anvils

to the mohawks

to the wild or "rasta: phase

to the spectacular mature bird!(our Cochise, love showing him off, he amazes me!)

And in between all of those phases are subtle and almost daily changes that constantly wow and amaze us! They're such a special breed!

God love ya if you made it this far!
bow.gif

Last edited:
And they're still babies! We sell lots of polish babies(over 100 for sale at moment, WAY too many at one time, we're just a pair of chicken nuts, not a hatchery) and we always ask people to send us pictures as they go thru their metamorphosis, it's always so spectacular a transformation and a big part of the polish owning experience, to us...If you buy them too old, you miss out on some of the most special moments of their lives... Of course we start with the bubbles to the anvils to the mohawks to the wild or "rasta: phase to the spectacular mature bird!(our Cochise, love showing him off, he amazes me!) And in between all of those phases are subtle and almost daily changes that constantly wow and amaze us! They're such a special breed! God love ya if you made it this far! :bow
My daughter's friend loves my oldest chick..the younger babies are only a little over a week but my oldest is going on 2 months..it's in between the anvil and Mohawk stage..I'm still torn on its sex. .looks like a roo except for absolutely no red in the face.. she calls them 'the afro chickens' and they are the first place she goes whe n she gets here..she's spending the next few days bc I have quail, Silkies and layers all hatching out n she wants to watch ♡ You're more than welcome to ship some of those Gold laced babies up here anytime ;)

Back
Top Bottom