poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

Less than a mile out of city limits... so I'm legal!!
wee.gif

I'm in a gray area. My city code mentions livestock but not chickens, and nowhere in the code is the term livestock defined. I have made several phone calls to the city clerk, animal control, our local perdue extension, and city attorney with no defined answer, so I got my chickens.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
tranny ... I've never thought of my roos that way!!!
lau.gif

Will have to tell that to dh
lau.gif

Oh, I am legal now!!! Was living in town and had a few "stashed", but now we live in the middle of nowhere!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Our laws are vague. Haha.
It says they need to be 25 feet from other houses but the other houses like the chickens. I don't think I'm breaking a law but uTorrent tells me otherwise. Haha.
wink.png

I don't think there is anywhere in Australia that you can't have chickens. You can't have roosters in the city but I'm rural so I am all legal.

Illegal. I'm close to downtown.

Poultry was legal here until 1968, when the new "modern" zoning amendment was passed; the only rules before then were no loose birds and no excessive noise or odors.

Thankfully, most of the neighbors have noisy dogs and I keep the girls out of sight - no problems so far. We have two free ranging Cayuga ducks in the yard as poultry ambassadors. People like ducks.

I assume Im legal, chicken operation across the road in the woods, neighbor has chickens down the road and this was my grandparents farm so I assume Im zoned agricultural.

Back
Top Bottom