poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

illegal- and just told by the town to get rid of them. I've had generous neighbors offer to let me raise them on their land (I don't have the legal amount of land required)... but part of raising hens for me is all about NOT depending on others... so I think I'll give them away and buy eggs from neighbors.

Outlaw -in a gated deed restricted community! Making the best of a subdivision! Oh yeah firepit is against the rules too. But my neighbors love hanging out in my yard,I think the free eggs help.

41721_backyard.jpg

We aren't entirely sure. We have heard conflicting reports about what is allowed. From no chickens at all in city limits, to as long as they don't bother anyone, to you are allowed to have up to 6 chickens but no roosters. We have 7 chickens, so roosters (we hope, our new sultan MIGHT be a rooster...named Amy)

Legal....ish. We have an HOA that allows chickens, and our neighbors are cool with it, but I'm pretty sure if they knew we had 5 chickens, 9 chicks, and 8 eggs under a broody they would have a problem with it. We'll only end up keeping 8-10 chickens total, but that's probably twice what we "should" have.

outlaw
sad.png
and hoping I don't get caught.

We live ina small town *far from a city* and MOST of my town is zoned RA, BUT I happen to live in a tiny splotch of R-30
sad.png
I was shocked.

Last edited:
We're fairly rural in an unicorporated part of a mountain county and can do pretty much anything and we are legal. I was actually looking through the county zoning regulations yesterday on a different subject and found it interesting that all zoning codes in our area allow for up to 24 chickens per acre. I sure do love living in the country.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom