poll: are you legal or an outlaw?

Totally illegal. We are allowed 6 hens and no roosters. I'm over my limit and have an Edith who turned out to be an Edwin but I just adore him so
love.gif

I'm Ag 2 which means I can pretty much have an animal on every square inch of property I own. My 7 year old is working on that. We currently have 21 turkeys, 3 gooslings, 7 ducklings, 45 cornishx, 47 pullets, 54 hens, and 4 very very very busy roosters. Oh I almost forgot the pig that he got from a school mate. Hammy was unable to stand up or walk on his hind legs 4 weeks ago. He was about 35 lbs. Now he runs around and plays peek a boo with my son, and weighs almost 100. Hammy loves raw eggs. Yup farm livin is the life for me.

I forgot my three beautiful horses!

Last edited:
Quote:
Had the zoning guy out last week for the home we are planning to build. He tried telling me my big coop wasn't legal as we never got a zoning permit for it. I said it's portable. He said no way. I got my husband's tractor, moved it three inches, he said ok how many times a year you gonna do that. I said every day if I have too. He shook his head, smiled and said I can't wait until we get subdivisions out here and they start complaining about you. I smiled and said we won't be here if that happens we'll be living someplace else where we don't have any really close neighbors or rules. He smiled and left. Got the permit in the mail the next day. He came out two days later for eggs. Found out his mother used to raise turkeys and he want's to buy one of my monsters for Thanksgiving. Alls well that ends well. Wait til he see's the portable coop the local FFA is building for me. It'll be here before they get the septic done, so guess who's gonna be firing up the tractor again.
ya.gif
Suppose I better move the pig from where the front door is gonna be. It would be so much easier to feed him though.

It took a little over 10 months to get the county zoning code changed to allow residential zoned property to have up to 8 chickens or ducks. On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 the 21 County Board Supervisors of Oneida County voted 20 to 1 to approve a Chicken/Duck ordanince that allows residential zoned properties to have up to 8 birds. I have started the work on my chicken coop and pen, and will start raising our chickens next spring.

Legal! We just moved here a few months ago and love it. We're totally country in the city- we're one of a few (older) houses on acre lots in the middle of a bunch of (newer) track housing projects. Luckily we're county land, not city, so we're zoned for livestock and almost anything else we'd want. I have my 9 5-day-olds... but am debating getting a few more so I don't have to worry about adding more when they are a little older (at least for a while)
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom