*POLL*What do you consider too much money for a chick ?

*POLL* Would you pay "top dollar" for a chick? If so, what would be your limit?

• Total voters
Pics
From the Greenfire website:

"At Greenfire Farms, we select and raise our own breeding flocks. We provide them excellent feed and housing and constantly monitor their health. We are also rigorous in selecting the best breeding stock from generation to generation –often soliciting an expert second opinion in this process– and our goal is to improve the average quality of the birds we raise with each generation. It doesn’t mean that every bird we produce is perfect, but it does mean that we always strive to improve our livestock. We track the pedigrees of our birds, and injecting genetic diversity and reducing inbreeding problems is almost an obsession on our farm.

We don’t cut costs at the expense of the well-being of our chickens. We take these rare fowl and give them what they want most: lots of sunshine, clean air and warm breezes, some of the best natural spring water in the world, and plenty of room to grow and roam. Our chickens get to act according to their natural inclinations. They live in large pens or free-range year round. A pen that holds three chickens on Greenfire Farms is about the same size as a pen that holds a thousand chickens on a factory farm"

It doesn't say at least here, that they offer show winner stock to begin with. They offer the healthiest possible bird that they can that is being constantly being improved by them.

From the Greenfire website:

"At Greenfire Farms, we select and raise our own breeding flocks. We provide them excellent feed and housing and constantly monitor their health. We are also rigorous in selecting the best breeding stock from generation to generation –often soliciting an expert second opinion in this process– and our goal is to improve the average quality of the birds we raise with each generation. It doesn’t mean that every bird we produce is perfect, but it does mean that we always strive to improve our livestock. We track the pedigrees of our birds, and injecting genetic diversity and reducing inbreeding problems is almost an obsession on our farm.

We don’t cut costs at the expense of the well-being of our chickens. We take these rare fowl and give them what they want most: lots of sunshine, clean air and warm breezes, some of the best natural spring water in the world, and plenty of room to grow and roam. Our chickens get to act according to their natural inclinations. They live in large pens or free-range year round. A pen that holds three chickens on Greenfire Farms is about the same size as a pen that holds a thousand chickens on a factory farm"

It doesn't say at least here, that they offer show winner stock to begin with. They offer the healthiest possible bird that they can that is being constantly being improved by them.
Exactly. They're good for rare, hard to get breeds. That's their main focus and they're good at that.

Exactly. They're good for rare, hard to get breeds. That's their main focus and they're good at that.
I also have to give kudos to the marketing people there, whomever they are. They really take their time and embellish on the descriptions on each variety. There's no shame in that at all. Marketing and the fear of missing out strategy.
"I've got to have one"

I can see where the buyer can fall victim to the "Halo Effect" and expect their bird to be a world changer when it matures.

I also have to give kudos to the marketing people there, whomever they are. They really take their time and embellish on the descriptions on each variety. There's no shame in that at all. Marketing and the fear of missing out strategy.
"I've got to have one"

I can see where the buyer can fall victim to the "Halo Effect" and expect their bird to be a world changer when it matures.
Oh their marketing people are gifted.

It'd depend on the chick. I'd happily pay $50 for an emu chick (They're usually $75 or more) but chickens? Not more than $20 depending on the breed. The common breeds, not more than $4.

Day old chicks? If so no more then 30 definitely. Had a Polish I spent 30 on and she got beaten my my other birds so she is gone now. But full size I won’t play more then 100 for a bird.

Back
Top Bottom