Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
RURU

I think you are correct about the snapping turtle. Today I was missing 2 runner ducks and noticed the ducks and geese staying away from the pond. I went down to check things out and there was a turtle submerged at the edge where the birds enter the pond. I got the turtle out. Quite large for a snapping turtle as well. Birds no longer have access to the pond. Now to find some information about trapping/removing turtles from ponds.

Anyone have advice on removing turtles?

Have you heard of the Turtle man that is what you made me think of when you ask that. If there is one snapping turtle in there, there could be more. If you have lost several ducks then I guess Mr turtle has been busy.

You are in Kentucky right? That is where the call the Wildman on TV he is the Turtle Man who goes in and gets the snappers out of ponds. Plus all kinds of other animals as well.

Good luck.

I felt like the Turtle Man though I can't do that yell he does.

The Turtle Man and I are from the same area of KY. To my knowledge we are not related regardless of what is said about Kentuckians.

Last edited:
Hi I just bought 2 buff Pomeranian geese yesterday at a chicken swap they are about 7-9 weeks old . I have never had geese before and was wondering what I need to do to make them trust me and let me love on them ? Thanks for any help

I am glad you found this thread Spiers8374! I hope you are enjoying your geese and if I am not mistaken you purchased them from me in Covington!

BTW: For anyone in SE Louisiana or Coastal Mississippi....Due to a cancellation, I have almost 20 juvenile Pomeranians from my spring hatching still available. I cannot ship due to the heat and by the time it will be cool enough, it will be cost prohibitive due to their size. Prices start at $20 and go through $40.00. PM me if you are interested.

1MrsMagoo

How I wish I could get down there. They are beautiful and I would like a couple for different genetics, but this time of year I am unable to make a road trip.

Thanks all the same gardengoats11 and ashandvine! I wish I was closer as well: Seeing them go into the hands of "Pom" people would be wonderful. I have found homes for about half of the juveniles with some folks that currently raise Sebbies. One lady in the Sebbie circle purchase 4 and now her friends have all fallen in love with them and want some as well. At least being with goose people, they will be well cared for and loved!

After this year, I think I am going to just do hatching eggs for a couple seasons. Perhaps, in a couple years, I will have the courage to try shipping goslings. By then, I hope to have made significant strides toward a more standardized SOP flock!

Hi mrs magoo , yes I did get my babies from you and I am just lovin having them . They are doing really well and getting big . Thanks again for all your help and support .

Gardengoats, I have some young poms fairly near you if you would be interested. I have both grays and buff saddlebacks. I have pictures posted on craigslist , live in New Madison Ohio. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom