Poopy butt

playa0069u

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2019
I think I have read all the poopy butt posts on this forum. I have one bird that always has a poopy butt. She was fine for a few months when I got her, and it appeared last month. I raised her roost a little and she constantly roosts correctly now, and it is slightly better. I have trimmed some butt feathers. Still happening. She definitely has looser stool then the other chickens. How can I tell "vent gleet" from diarrhea? Should I go ahead and treat her for worms ? What should i use? And also povodine for vent gleet? Thanks in advance.

I think I have read all the poopy butt posts on this forum. I have one bird that always has a poopy butt. She was fine for a few months when I got her, and it appeared last month. I raised her roost a little and she constantly roosts correctly now, and it is slightly better. I have trimmed some butt feathers. Still happening. She definitely has looser stool then the other chickens. How can I tell "vent gleet" from diarrhea? Should I go ahead and treat her for worms ? What should i use? And also povodine for vent gleet? Thanks in advance.
Can you get a fecal sample of hers to your vet for a float? It will tell you if she has any worms, what species they are and what you should use to treat her.

I will call around. I suppose any vet could do that for me? Chickens get the same worms as any other animals correct? So I wouldn't need a specialized poultry vet? There is DE all over the coop and they always get good acv. I've never seen a worm in her poo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom