Portable garage frame run...inquiries

Ruby Rogue

Free Ranging
Mar 31, 2020
Atlantic Canada
I have a 10x20ft portable garage frame that I'm rigging up as a chicken run, any ideas on how I can add a man door without compromising the integrity of the structure? It's a metal tube style portable garage I picked up (new, never used, frame only) cheap. I'm also looking for roofing ideas... Cheap and nearly free ideas preferred 😁

I have a 10x20ft portable garage frame that I'm rigging up as a chicken run, any ideas on how I can add a man door without compromising the integrity of the structure? It's a metal tube style portable garage I picked up (new, never used, frame only) cheap. I'm also looking for roofing ideas... Cheap and nearly free ideas preferred 😁
There is a good YouTube video on a hoop run and how they built the door framing. Don’t have the link but it could give you a few ideas.
We just built a run for our Cemani and used shade cloth as a cover, it has hardware to attach 2 pieces together and we pulled it tight enough that nothing will get through it. They also have an enclosed area with roosting bars at night.

My main concern would be snow load if you roof it.
I'd be tempted to frame both ends and side it with 1x6s to help with structural integrity. You could then frame in door the normal way. Possibly add a ridge beam with supports.

Back
Top Bottom