post any and all waterfowl pictures here!!! ponds, pools, aviarys, coops, runs, etc.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by poultry09, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

So when will you be able to pick him up since breeding season is starting it would be great if you could get him soon. How old is the gander? and what has he been living with ? lol

2. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Songster

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    He is about a year old also. He has also been around ducks, not sure about the chickens. Can't remember that one. It is my hope that maybe next weekend I can go get him. At this moment I don't have the cash for the trip. So he will have to wait till payday.
    Sophie is happy as a lark right now. I just brought her in and put her in my tub for a soak. Her foot has not changed looks yet, but it has only been 2 days. I am going to put the Epsom salts in the tub in a little while, ill let her do her thing first so she isn't going crazy trying to drink and bathe in the Epsom salts. ;-)

3. Miss Lydia

When I use the ES soaks I just put it into a bucket with warm water about 2 cups to a bucket about 2 gallon of warm water and put both feet in that way they are standing better, then I just sit with them to keep them in, then you don't have to worry about them drinking the water.

Awesome they are so close to the same age. Hopefully it will be love at first sight. [​IMG]

4. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Songster

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    I hope it will be love at first site too. I will put her in a bucket then. It just seems easier to get her lust for playing in the water done with first.. 2 cups seems like a lot! Are you sure I should use that much? I didn't yesterday. But then again you have gotten them to clear up.... so, may be I should just shut up and listen.. lol

5. Miss Lydia

I used 2 cups of ES to a 2 gallon bucket of water but start with 1 cup because you can't fill the bucket up all the way anyway or they will spill the water out. I did use 2 cups with my gander when he had swelling from a bee sting, on my chickens i used 1 cup in a small half gallon bucket. Can't hurt them at all.

6. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Songster

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    Ok thanks.:thumbsup

7. PAchickenlover

PAchickenlover Songster

Jun 29, 2011
    York
    I finally got to Wal-Mart to get some of the decolorized iodine that I was told to get for my Sophie. So tomorrow I will get able to put it on her foot after I soak it in the Epsom salts. I am happy that I finally got it. My van is not working correctly and I had to wait for my hubby to get home to go get it. Ugh, cars, what a pain..

8. Miss Lydia

Glad to hear you got some keep us updated on how her foot looks, I'm thinking you probably won't have to open it again just keep soaking and apply the iodine about every 3 days.

9. The Farm

The Farm Songster

Oct 16, 2013
    Luther, OK
    Here are some pics of my Mandarin ducks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Miss Lydia

They are absolutely gorgeous, and aren't those pheasants too?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: