post crop surgery question

trameghan

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 6, 2012
Alabama
I did crop surgery on one of my girls 3 weeks ago and today i noticed her incision has opened up. She has been slowly getting her appetite back and I've checked her crop daily. I noticed that the lower part of the incision felt hard but i thought it was scar tissue. I have no idea what to do for her now. The plug i guess you can call it, is hard and the wound doesn't seem to leak fluids or anything. She's been eating pretty much a normal diet for the past week But not gaining weight. I'm afraid to cut on her again and try to resew her back up because she is nothing but bones and has lost even more weight since surgery

. What should i do? Leave it or try to fix it?

I just wondering why didn't you put a suture in just after the surgery? Also, did you apply anything like antibacterial ointment on the site? I am by no way knowledgeable about any type of chicken surgery other than just having my one and only chicken go through a digestive tract surgery. She came home with one or two little stitches on her chest.

I put in a whole bunch of little disolvable sutures in the crop then ran out of suture thread. I had to use sewing thread so i put about 8 small sutures in the skin using that. It was sutured closed real well. I guess i missed a bit of crop tissue down at the bottom. I was very carefull and used tweezers to double check that i got the whole incincison but i guess not

Back
Top Bottom