Post office sucks

We received one extra which was DOA. So because they sent you so many extra I think there are either issues with the hatch or they understand that there would be many losses due to the situation with USPS currently.
Some hatcheries add extra chicks in cold weather, because more chicks means they all stay warmer. So that could also be part of the reason.

We received one extra which was DOA. So because they sent you so many extra I think there are either issues with the hatch or they understand that there would be many losses due to the situation with USPS currently.
I think it's good that they are trying to make it right. Someone needs to open a usps but just for animals.

It sounds like you've dealt with a store that does a really good job.
When I was able to buy through a store like that, I did.
Yes, I have a very good local store. The store/hatchery offers a 3 day replacement/refund policy for chicks. We can order specialty chicks too. If you don't like the looks of any chick when you pick them up, you can get a replacement at that time. Of course, any dead chicks are removed at the store and immediately replaced. The store wants us to go home with healthy chicks that grow up and eat lots of feed that we might be buying from that store for the next few years. So it is in everyone's best interest that only healthy chicks leave the store.

Understand that USPS might be the best option for some people depending on where they live and what options are available to them.

And we lost my favorite :( The rest are doing swell.

Attachments

• PXL_20210311_211624183.jpg
    PXL_20210311_211624183.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom