Post pic of your nipple waterers!

Pharm Girl

Songster
9 Years
Jan 6, 2011
I so wanted to make the subject line "I've got nipples!" but I feared the powers that be would make me remove it. I bought 6 nipples on ebay and am excited to put them into use. I want to get water in their small run which is only 4 feet high. Therefore, I can't do a big bucket or the nipples would be near the ground. I'd love to see pictures of others set ups! If yours are up high, let's get them on here too for others looking into getting them.
Thanks!

Chic-n-farmer

Showers of Blessings
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Clark CO. IL 25 Chicken Years
There are a lot of great designs out there... I've been googling them.
I hope you get some replies.

I am really interested in using the bucket system with the bird bath heater.

I would also like to know the best place to purchase the nipples. And when I say best, what I mean is the highest quality for the cheapest price.

Avonlea22

Jessamine Cottage
8 Years
Aug 27, 2011
I'll post a pic when I can, but I used a white plastic 3 gallon bucket I bought at Lowe's. It's only about 8 to 10 inches high.

Josie360

Chirping
8 Years
May 13, 2011
Central Texas
I have a 5 gallon bucket with 4 nipples, set on a cinder bloc and bungee strapped to the side wall to prevent accidental tip over.

MR.PEEPS

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 25, 2011
Stanwood
Hi i make and sell watering systems this is one of them a lot of people like this one do to you can have the nipples in the run or coop and the bucket outside.

MR.PEEPS

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 25, 2011
Stanwood
Hi i make and sell watering systems this is one of them a lot of people like this one do to you can have the nipples in the run or coop and the bucket outside.

SmokinChick

Songster
8 Years
Apr 27, 2011
Kingsville, MD
My setups are on "My Page" I think the trickest part is getting a decent fitting that goes thru the side of the bucket.
Anything goes for nipples.
Good Luck

bald egg

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 16, 2009
NE Kansas
My question is how to keep them from freezing? It's 50 degrees here right now but it can down to -10. What is the solution??

Avonlea22

Jessamine Cottage
8 Years
Aug 27, 2011
Many use bird bath heaters or aquarium heaters (the type that are not harmed if they are exposed to air).

Top Bottom