Post pic of your nipple waterers!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Pharm Girl, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Pharm Girl

Pharm Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    I so wanted to make the subject line "I've got nipples!" but I feared the powers that be would make me remove it. I bought 6 nipples on ebay and am excited to put them into use. I want to get water in their small run which is only 4 feet high. Therefore, I can't do a big bucket or the nipples would be near the ground. I'd love to see pictures of others set ups! If yours are up high, let's get them on here too for others looking into getting them.
    Thanks!

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

There are a lot of great designs out there... I've been googling them. [​IMG] I hope you get some replies.

I am really interested in using the bucket system with the bird bath heater.

I would also like to know the best place to purchase the nipples. And when I say best, what I mean is the highest quality for the cheapest price. [​IMG]

3. Avonlea22

Avonlea22 Jessamine Cottage

Aug 27, 2011
    I'll post a pic when I can, but I used a white plastic 3 gallon bucket I bought at Lowe's. It's only about 8 to 10 inches high.

4. Josie360

Josie360 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Central Texas
    I have a 5 gallon bucket with 4 nipples, set on a cinder bloc and bungee strapped to the side wall to prevent accidental tip over.

5. rirbrahma

rirbrahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    hawaii
    I'm making my nipple waterers this week! Will post pics! [​IMG]

6. MR.PEEPS

MR.PEEPS Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2011
    Stanwood
    Hi i make and sell watering systems this is one of them a lot of people like this one do to you can have the nipples in the run or coop and the bucket outside.
    [​IMG]

7. MR.PEEPS

MR.PEEPS Out Of The Brooder

Nov 25, 2011
    Stanwood
    Hi i make and sell watering systems this is one of them a lot of people like this one do to you can have the nipples in the run or coop and the bucket outside.
    [​IMG]

8. SmokinChick

SmokinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Kingsville, MD
    My setups are on "My Page" I think the trickest part is getting a decent fitting that goes thru the side of the bucket.
    Anything goes for nipples.
    Good Luck

9. bald egg

bald egg Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2009
    NE Kansas
    My question is how to keep them from freezing? It's 50 degrees here right now but it can down to -10. What is the solution??

10. Avonlea22

Avonlea22 Jessamine Cottage

Aug 27, 2011
    Many use bird bath heaters or aquarium heaters (the type that are not harmed if they are exposed to air).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by