post your chicken coop pictures here!

An older pick of framing the coup
43a7e59ee3dd07255e2c0667818f316f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I use just a 10X10 dog chain link kennel?

Sure! If it's on grass or dirt, anchor the kennel panels to the ground and line paver stones all around the base to keep out digging critters. Some dog kennels come with a chainlink topper too. Not cheap but certainly want to keep chickens secure from predators.

Paver stone squares around the foundation,

Or else put coop/pen on a concrete slab

Can I use just a 10X10 dog chain link kennel?
That will work! I use a chain link dog kennel for my run and it works out great!
Sure! If it's on grass or dirt, anchor the kennel panels to the ground and line paver stones all around the base to keep out digging critters. Some dog kennels come with a chainlink topper too. Not cheap but certainly want to keep chickens secure from predators. Paver stone squares around the foundation, Or else put coop/pen on a concrete slab
That or put a hardware cloth skirt around the base which might be easier Which reminds me, the only thing with the dog kennel is you might want to attach hardware cloth to the bottom 2 feet of it and a skirt out a foot because raccoons can reach right through the larger holes and animals can dig under

I give mine hay. I spread it around the run and it keeps them happy. I can not free range and my chickens are for fun not profit. So timothy or t/a hay gives them some dry grass.
big_smile.png

I give mine hay. I spread it around the run and it keeps them happy. I can not free range and my chickens are for fun not profit. So timothy or t/a hay gives them some dry grass.
big_smile.png

Because of Calif drought I have to provide greens for our chickens -- sprouted seeds, chopped Spinach, Chard, or Rocket Lettuce. I don't give Cabbage or Kale from the cruciferous group because of some poultry health issues:

http://www.poultryhelp.com/toxicplants.html
Brassica spp. (CABBAGE, KALE, MUSTARD); leaves; plant is goitrogenic; may contain toxic levels of nitrates; B. napus (CULTIVATED RAPE) is hepatogenic.

Back
Top Bottom