post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. WP20175

WP20175 New Egg

Feb 9, 2014
    Leesburg, Va
    Here's my spring project. It's been done for a month or two but I needed to take a break from thinking about it for awhile! So finally posting some pics...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. chickeelina

chickeelina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Woodland Hills, CA

So cute!!

3. sacchick

sacchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2014
    Sacramento,CA
    My Coop
    WOW that is a good looking and well thought out Coop! I love it! Lucky wife!!!

4. sacchick

sacchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2014
    Sacramento,CA
    My Coop
    I Love this coop, did you design or have plans? Looks like you have an auto door, which one did you go with? LOVE it!

5. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    You know what's really funny but sad is that I wasn't joking LOL !!! One Silkie alone costs us over $3.00 per egg from vet bills alone - and that is not adding the housing, feed, supplements, care products, etc. She's a little active pistol and gets into more situations requiring vet visits - bacterial digestive infection, bleeding toes/ripped toenails from OCD excessive nestbox splintered scratching, and bruising from being knocked off the nestbox ledge by our sweet but klutzy Ameraucana (my avatar). As added expense we had to build a wider ramp to the nestboxes so if the Silkie gets knocked off again she can just roll down the ramp instead of fall directly to the dirt floor, we lined all the wood nestboxes with plexiglass bottoms so she doesn't get splinters from OCD scratching, and we feed her organic Greek yogurt for her digestive issues (she's our chowhound). And the eggs she gives us are bantam and not even regular sized eggs for that $36/dozen !!! We must be chumps!

1 person likes this.
  6. chickengirl987

chickengirl987 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Maine!
    That is such a cool coop how did you make it?,what kind of chickens do you have! Also [​IMG]

7. Latestarter

Latestarter Overrun With Chickens

Mar 18, 2014
    North East Texas
    Really nicely done! Am I correct that that is a "pullet shut automatic chicken door?" How do you like it so far? Did you get the solar charger and light sensor as well? That is my next in line purchase... [​IMG] It must be pretty strong to withstand the weight of birds roosting on the open door [​IMG] Good looking birds too!

8. sunnysideup2

sunnysideup2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2014
    Aiken
    Fu
    Good to know I'm not alone. I have $6.25 invested in the hens, and once the coop got to $1000 I thought I'd better stop counting.
    It's still cheaper than maintaining a boat or horses for that matter.

1 person likes this.
  9. hulaskirt87

hulaskirt87 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2014
    Here is our new coop! I will post a pic of the run on the back side tomorrow![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Love that color!!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by