post your chicken coop pictures here!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenlover237, Nov 10, 2011.

1. 16 paws

16 paws Chillin' With My Peeps

1 person likes this.
  2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Love it...are there other ventilation windows in this coop?

3. DoubleMM

DoubleMM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Started the breeder coop last week

[​IMG]

Thought I get more finished this weekend.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The nail gun was double tapping, spitting nails and splitting wood, so I switched to the old hammer and nails.

[​IMG]

Haven't hit my finger like that in years.

Broke the tip and had to drain the fingernail.

[​IMG]

There's always next weekend....

4. Latestarter

Latestarter Overrun With Chickens

Mar 18, 2014
    North East Texas
    Way to go DoubleMM! I can identify and feel your pain! I don't own a nail gun so all I use is the old hammer and (finger) nails. Hope that finger heals up real fast for you.

5. chickeelina

chickeelina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Looking good except for the finger! Sounds exactly us when building our coop. We had to return two nail guns to Home Depot before reverting back to the old finger smashing method!!!! You are certainly not alone on that one! Get that finger back in action!

6. bruceha2000

bruceha2000 Chicken Obsessed

Apr 19, 2012
    NW Vermont
    AMAZING setup! Don't tell my chickens OR me [​IMG] Only suggestion, and that is assuming you haven't already done so, unplug the heater. They don't need heat after they are fully feathered. Just wasting your money. Do you let the chickens keep their beer in the refrigerator or do they drink it warm, like the Europeans?

MHO, OSB is [email protected] Won't buy it. Heavy glue and wood bits, doesn't hold a screw in the edge worth a darn. Real wood is cheaper and lighter.

I made a "sifting screen" (no idea what it is really called) that is about 2'x3' on 2' legs with doubled 1x3 wire mesh to sift weeds and rocks out of the garden dirt. Cleared an area about 4' x 6', then no time so there it sits over a nice clean section of dirt. Noticed 2 of the chickens under it the other day and thought of you Sylvester [​IMG]. I don't know if they were using it as a place to hide from predators or just a dust bath (though the depressions are not really deep enough for that to be the case) or just SOME shade.

7. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Quote: Yep, the stuff sure is! I should know...when I first moved here money was tight (back about 30 years ago) and I needed a porch of sorts off my RV (it's 38' w/sliders). I used old pallets laid on the ground as a sort of form and my ex-DH slapped OSB on the top for a floor....THE WRONG SIDE UP! I never noticed it til it was too late and was totally falling apart....it's junk alright! [​IMG]

8. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Don't know where you got that idea from - we like it cold as well.

Did you hear the joke about the similarity between American beer and a newlywed couple in a boat?

9. bruceha2000

bruceha2000 Chicken Obsessed

Apr 19, 2012
    NW Vermont
    Well I thought at least the Germans and Brits drank it room or maybe cellar temp which is what I meant by warm. Could be wrong. And of course, one can not generalize the whole of the E.U. into a single beer drinking group.

Um, no. Perhaps you can tell us!

10. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by