post your chicken coop pictures here!

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_6fz04e6e2f_e

And I'm sure you could look somewhere like a office max or even a home depot and you could find something that would work.
Does he know that if he really wants to be like the guys on Mountain Men, he needs to get off his lazy arse and get about doing stuff. They live off the land and they gotta get it done before winter. And they have a list of stuff they gotta get done before Winter comes. They ain't dinking around playing X-box and watching TV.
You all are crazy !!!! LOLOL
lau.gif
I would also like to know about that locke. I do have grands!
lau.gif

old.gif
Don't know how long you have been married and I didn't push my dh to help me with my coop.....although he was well aware I needed his help. (I asked many times at first).,,That just pisses me off more! LOL
rant.gif
And the more I get ****** off, the worse the atmosphere gets around here. (married 45 yrs)LOL,
lau.gif
He found out that my coop would get built with or without him. (he just really is a type A personality and NOT a chicken man) I am the artsy fartsy head strong Z personality woman who will do it in spite of him! I figured if I died working out in the hot sun trying to get it done...he would be the one explaining to my grands who themselves had come up to help me! LOL
somad.gif
I still have some to do to completely secure the run....BUT.... it will be done before too much longer. got to lace the wire levels together and close the top netting to the fencing. The coop is a safe haven...7x8' with 3 boxes, armstrong linoleum flooring, 3"sand, hanging waterer/feeder.. had 3 roosts at one time when they were younger but now just rearranged it to one long one...cut the tree down for that too! LOL
duc.gif
And then, I will be able to say many times before I die..... Yes, and I did it without you!!!! LOLOL
clap.gif
I put my picts on FB sometimes so a lot of "our" friends are always asking him how the coop is doing or "how's Judy's chickens doing?" They all know he doesn't like chickens! LOL So he catches it from a lot more than just me. He could have had it built a whole hell of a lot cheaper if he had helped me!!
lau.gif

All's fair in our house. I have a passion for chickens and gardening and he has a passion for playing board or role-playing games (really serious gaming - even attending conventions). Without nagging him he's taken over most of the coop chores on his own and even waters the plants if they look wilted. Without his nagging me I've joined him in his beloved games!

No, we aren't perfect together but somehow these two passions have worked themselves out!

All's fair in our house. I have a passion for chickens and gardening and he has a passion for playing board or role-playing games (really serious gaming - even attending conventions). Without nagging him he's taken over most of the coop chores on his own and even waters the plants if they look wilted. Without his nagging me I've joined him in his beloved games!

No, we aren't perfect together but somehow these two passions have worked themselves out!
frow.gif
LOLOL I actually think that you are closer to a perfect couple than you think. Marriage is all about give and take and neither one only has to give 100%. In fact, each person gives more than 100% !! LOL, not even close to a 50/50 thing. What you are doing is great.
love.gif
If I had the logic to help my dh with his accounting,I would (he has no hobbies) and he tries to help me with my paintings by lifting/moving the windows.. But bless his heart, he's just not a chicken man and that's ok. He's just so concerned about my health stuff that he wants me to sit and exist...knowing it can't happen.. A place like BYC allows me to sound off about life when its driving me crazy!
barnie.gif
Dh even reads some of my posts while I'm typing! So you keep doing what your doing....sounds like its exactly what your personal marriage is all about. I love the way you are working things out! Its all about compromise and as the song says..."meeting in the middle"
hugs.gif

[/IMG] Our humble version of the Wichita coop. My favorite part was re-purposing an old wooden shutter as their ramp. The girls enjoying their scratch on this cool Texas morning.

Upgraded my coop originally had a prefab bought on line.
This one is 5.5 ft by 6 ft. I added poop board and perch and covered nest area. Has Space underneath the entire coop for chickens with a 8 x 4 ft additional run. Houses 5 hens will prob get one or two more.

Back
Top Bottom