post your chicken coop pictures here!

Started this coop about a month ago and it should hold comfortably 6 hens. I've got quite a bit more work to do with the roof and I need to make a run that will attach to the side of the coop.

Wow, we are getting ready to redo our coops thanks to the storms that have come through, and I am having a hard time deciding between a couple of these designs; they are all so nice!

Just finished the painting today. I ordered a cconly coop an did a few upgrades. The bottom is all treated 2x4 wood. The coop was put together with gorilla glue along with the screws that came with the coop. The coop is very solid after 2 tubes of urathane caulk and three coats of paint. The girls should enjoy the condo.

This is my coop from the beginning

Then, I divided it into 2 sections

Then, I added nesting boxes and put clear plastic around it for the winter. I added black felt paper (because it was just laying around) between the two pens to keep out the cold.

i have the same nest only mine has 3 rows 15 nests

Chesterthegreat, what a lovely yard and coop you have!

Chicken-herder, that is absolutely gorgeous! Such detail.

DougRYGblog, Beautiful! Such an attractive setting, too.

Sbrown, I love reclaimed lumber projects. I am working on one myself right now.

Chiknhut, your coop is very much like mine. This was the first winter that I have had to wrap it in plastic. We had cut down trees and brush that kept the wind out in winters past. I’ve been a little bit concerned about ventilation, but they only spend nights inside.

Back
Top Bottom