post your chicken coop pictures here!

First chickens first coop. Toyed with converting plastic dog house, making my own from scratch and converting part of my vinyl shed but went went a premade house from cConnelly not the best but ok. Says will hold 4-8 but that's probably bantams We can only have 4 so should be ok. I built a 4 x 10 ft run and the house is raised so there is covered space Right now have 2 barred rocks 2 buff orph from a breeder sexed pullets) hopefully they are correct. I hatched 3 polish created x silkie eggs. One is bigger than rest so thinking a cockerel will wait and see.

Well, yes, I suppose.....it just took us a while to get over our nice clean coop getting all the dripping poo marks on the walls etc. Like a new car getting dings on the doors....

But yes, that is one BEAUTIFUL coop.

Well, yes, I suppose.....it just took us a while to get over our nice clean coop getting all the dripping poo marks on the walls etc. Like a new car getting dings on the doors....

But yes, that is one BEAUTIFUL coop.
You should look into your chickens diet if it's that loose. Or paint the walls brown
tongue.png
And the chicken poo can be scrubbed off when it becomes too much.

The dings are easily avoided by keeping the car in the garage at all times (although it does cut down on it's usefulness...)

Last edited:
Ha. My DH likes to park at the WAY far end of any parking lot, so no jerks can open their doors wide and dent his precious automobile. And yes, it lives in a garage when not ferrying us around.

We should have gone for brown paint - and made the roost further from the wall. It was a premade Amish coop, so not bad but not perfect. It's those cecal poops that get ya.

Thanks for the thoughts on the staple gun. I only used that to put the wire in place. I have 1x6 that I'm trimming the whole thing with. The trim will be screwed on with deck screws, sandwiching the chicken wire between it and the 2x4 frame. And the screws will be inside the octagons of the wire. Already planned it out man.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Good job and
welcome-byc.gif

Roofed and painted!! I still have two walls to cover in back and the enclosure still needs a trench with the hardware cloth. I couldn't wait to start the decorative trim with the maple branches cut in half... bicycle inner tubes work great to lash them down to the sawhorses so they won't turn when I'm cutting them (dangerously) with the circular saw.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom