post your chicken coop pictures here!

they look lovely! great job!
clap.gif
Thank you very much...
Now my wife wants my coops to look like these..... {sigh}

I have been away from this lovely forum for a few years, and have been helping other folks in my area start their backyard flocks. Originally I was bringing in chicks in the dead of winter, raising them til fully feathered and selling them. Had lots of fun, and am going to have another 100 or so chicks in my brooding shed by mid January if all goes to plan.
So.... what was the next chicken venture???
Coops!
A couple of my recent builds.
Hope you like. ;)

Of course we like!!

[/IMG]
Managed to use two old puppy pens and make a semi permanent moveable run so Thelma and Louise can have sun and grass time. They are quite comfy in their pen and their coop but with colder weather coming we've tarped three sides of their pen from the ground to within 16 inches of the roof to keep out blowing winds and rain. I haven't figured out how to put them in it without physically carrying them from their pen to the run but they are pretty docile and used to being held and cuddled by both hubby and I so this works for now. Eating aND laying well and gives us so much joy.

Quote: Late January is usually a pretty good gauge for is to be in the ground by end of frost
and close to half grown

Remembering that the climate in Mossyrock, WA isn't the same as that in MA. You might want to check with a local grower, greenhouse place or whatever and find out when they start their plants. I bet it is February or March.

Back
Top Bottom