Post Your Chocolates, Dun ,Khaki , Platinum Bird Pics

Pics
that is what I am doing, only using the unspotted "this color" birds. do you think the dad (paint with this beige) has the gold gene? I have several blacks from him as well over black hens.

Breed together or to a gold gene black. You might get some who have paint spots. If you are selecting for a solid coloured bird, don't use the ones who have the black spots.

that is what I am doing, only using the unspotted "this color" birds. do you think the dad (paint with this beige) has the gold gene? I have several blacks from him as well over black hens.

Quote: I strongly suspect he is gold, and that what we are seeing is a leaky dominant white dilution of gold, not black.

What color do the platinum and dun come in as chicks? I'm doing some cross breeding with seramas and millie d'uccles and a pumpkin/blue silkie and got these chicks so far.
(Pay no attention to huge gray chick-not part of this experiment)

I'

More are hatching next week, and another large batch in three weeks. I'm interested in the very pale gray/pink on the left, and the darker gray/pink chick behind it.
These are the parents

6E4DE3BC-7516-41B8-A6DF-A740D36F0EFE-586-000000E83BB675E1.jpg

Dun Wheaten Cubalaya
A8472BED-4CE5-4D4E-8601-2E37D61BD45C-586-000000E82C264ADA.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have pictures of dun chicks?
My new chicks.

I don't have any pictures of dun chicks but what you have to do first is ask yourself if there are any colors or breeds in these chicks that "could" be dun.

There are no duns in Silkies, Serama's (not proven anyway), or D'Uccles. You mentioned pumpkin and blue, the DUccle's are mille colored..... there isn't anything to suggest dun. The colors look like blues, maybe splash and black. There is no striping so it's possible they are eWh? and diluted could mean pumpkin? Hoping someone else will take a look too.

This was papa, came from Jerry. This is what I'm guessing is throwing the taupe color in the chicks. i got three different shades of taupe, from dark to coffee to a chick just like him, very pale taupe.

Last edited:
She's a silkie/d'uccle, and looks to have a weird diluter like pumpkin, because she's not the same buff as all the others. this is her, but not a good picture because you can't see the difference from a normal buff.

And her silkie mama threw what I thought was a lemon blue chick when crossed with a partridge silkie roo with pale gold hackles. (He's still all lemon with a gray/brown puff on the top of his head.) So I would have thought I would be getting more lemon type colorations, thinking there is a silver in there somewhere. But these chicks are all coming in with taupe colorations, different colors of coffee. i know I don't have any chocolates....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom