Post your Duck names!

Pics
I have a Cayuga, Token
big_smile.png
he was the only black duckling out of the group when i bought him; I heard people's reactions about how cute the yellow ducklings were but nothing about the black one. That's how he got his name
cool.png
the token one; like from South Park, the cartoon lol

I have a Cayuga, Token :D he was the only black duckling out of the group when i bought him; I heard people's reactions about how cute the yellow ducklings were but nothing about the black one. That's how he got his name :cool: the token one; like from South Park, the cartoon lol
That is so cute. :clap Love the spike collar lol. Is he an indoor duck or was this a special occasion? If he is inside, how do you manage the erm..potty messes?

That is so cute.
clap.gif
Love the spike collar lol. Is he an indoor duck or was this a special occasion? If he is inside, how do you manage the erm..potty messes?
Thanks
big_smile.png
Yes, he is an indoor duck, but he is outside on the yard all day with my boyfriend's dog and comes in at sundown. They hang out on the balcony but can come in and out of the house as they please. As for the mess that doesn't make it to balcony...he has a diaper lol

Too cute! I've wanted a house duck since I was a wee tot, but unfortunately we took in a stray dog last year who, although he is very old and is otherwise well behaved, would like nothing more than to make a snack of my birds. I do have 15 ducks outside, so I can't complain. Token and his dog pal are just adorable. :D

We went with soul singers as our naming inspiration. Our first five started out as:
--Thelma [Houston]
--Bettie [LaVette]
--Sister Ray Charles (named after a song by JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound, and who is now known as Tina [Turner] Ray Charles)
--Etta [James]
--Miss Otis (named ofter the song Miss Otis Regrets by Cole Porter, and also after Otis Redding, who on a freind's Asian bootleg version of his greatest hits has his famous song listed as "Sitting On The Duck of the Bay")

Then, Thelma and Bettie turned out to be drakes, so they became Barry [White] Lou [Rawls] and Lester [Young]. Lester and his sister Etta went to a new home, as we had too many drakes for our small group, and we got our fourth duck, Gladys [Knight].

I have two pekin ducks right now- a female and a male. We got them as ducklings over the summer and the female is just starting to lay eggs.
The male is my little sister's- Harpo. (I'm not sure where my little sis got the name...) He's pushy and loud, the first to walk right up to you and start pecking at your pockets for treats. (maybe I spoiled him a bit
roll.png
)
My female is Tapioca (named after another pekin duck from Tsuritama), who is surprisingly quiet compared to Harpo. She prefers eating out of our hands after some coaxing, probably because I was extra attentive with feeding her when she was little. Are all females so picky and hard to feed as ducklings?

Back
Top Bottom