Poultry and Dogs - Who Has Happy Pictures and Stories?

goodpost.gif
Cute pics and I love the last one; it looks a like a wooly polar bear!!!
love.gif

My dog doesn't is so smart! She's chase the squirrels, sparrows, etc, but never, ever anything that we don't want her too. For some reason she can just sense if this is a pet or not! She loves the chickens, I would 100% trust her with her- and she is a hunting dog, a lab. Honestly, she's a great dog! A dog will be chashing her, and barking in her face, and she won't even bark back. She just turns and looks at the dog, like 'what? Can you shut up that's kinda annoying? Can we play now'. She doesn't chase cats, dogs, bunnies, chickens, turtles, dogs...anything, really, except the squirrels!

nicki,

How heartwarming! Both the Rottie with the chickens and the Rottie with safeguarding your child! Are Rotties normally so gentle with kids? I like them, but some folks have told me they can be mean. I like to believe it's in the raising and the love and respect you show a dog, any dog. Have you had him since puppyhood?

It was me, and they are the best dogs ever. There is nothing like them in the world. they are solid, obedient, well mannered, GREAT dogs. We got ours from the North Carolina Rottweiler Rescue at about 18 months old. He is always the best behaved dog in any given situation. The big thing is if you are an indulgent dog owner then rotties are not for you. I am very strict and I have high standards of behavior. I dont yell, I dont "dominate" per se, I just have very high standards. Rotties LOVE that. They have that german discipline thing where they like to have clear expectations and then impress you by exceeding them.

I thought you all would like to know what Fluffy was guarding the chicks from ... Our recently adopted puppy was a little too interested in the chicks so, Fluffy decided to put a stop to it. Note, Fluffy (big white dog) is staring directly at Molly (brown and white). This continued for a few days until Molly got better about the young chicks who are inside of cages behind Fluffy.

Jim

my pap wasn't lovin' our chicks......he wouldn't get any closer.
roll.png

so when our biggest hen fluffed her feathers and started walking toward him he wasn't happy.

It was me, and they are the best dogs ever. There is nothing like them in the world. they are solid, obedient, well mannered, GREAT dogs. We got ours from the North Carolina Rottweiler Rescue at about 18 months old. He is always the best behaved dog in any given situation. The big thing is if you are an indulgent dog owner then rotties are not for you. I am very strict and I have high standards of behavior. I dont yell, I dont "dominate" per se, I just have very high standards. Rotties LOVE that. They have that german discipline thing where they like to have clear expectations and then impress you by exceeding them.

I second this evaluation of Rotties - my sister has had a few over the years and their are huge sweethearts who want to be lapdogs! As with all dogs, training is very important but they learn quickly and seem to want to please you in any way possible. I often have my sister bring her rottie to work to show people how wonderful the breed can be. And a previous rottie of hers often went to visit folks in the nursing home.

Piper and Lucy(EE) Piper is a AussieShepxChow mix and VERY good with the chickens....

and the little dog is Phoebe...She's a mess but good with the chickens....Cause Chickens = Bread treats.

Piper watching the Flock.

Phoebe in the FLock...Crazy dog looking for bread!

Back
Top Bottom