Poultry shows in Manitoba, Canada?

PrairieChickenLady

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 20, 2011
Manitoba, Canada
Are there any poultry shows in Manitoba? I can't find much info. on Canadian shows except for further west (BC). I'm pretty new to this whole chicken thing (currently chickenless, taking my time, learning everything I can) and was hoping that I could check out some shows closer to home this year. Also, is there any sort of Fanciers/Breeders club either national, provincial or both? Thanks in advance:)

Quote:
The Cluck and Quack Club hosts shows, there was one back in September. If you go to the website and contact Susan (the chairperson) you can become a member for the 2012 season and get all the information about that. There are also meetings where the members get together to discuss plans for future shows, sales, auctions etc. I've been a member for a few years and its a really great club, lots of helpful people who have been raising poultry since before I was born! lol

WHAT KIND OF POULTRY SHOW ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ?

are you interested in getting into the poultry business?

WHAT KIND OF POULTRY SHOW ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ?

are you interested in getting into the poultry business?
Welcome to BYC. Please watch the use of all caps it looks as if you are screaming at them.
wink.png

I know this is an old thread, but I have to add some info.

Background - We're newbies to the chicken world - we've had a half-dozen layers for two years now.

We happened to be doing a little Xmas shopping last weekend, and drove past the T&T Seeds greenhouse outside of Winnipeg, and saw on their billboard that they were hosting a poultry and pigeon show that day. I turned around and we checked it out.

As it turns out, it was a show hosted by the Cluck and Quack Club of Winnipeg (or is it Manitoba?).

Wow!

I've never been to a poultry show before, but I was blown away by the number of birds, and the DIVERSITY! We had no idea that there were so many different kinds of birds being raised here in Manitoba. It was really cool.

We chatted with several members of the club, and saw some amazing looking birds. My wife was already making plans to build another coop dedicated to bantams - she just fell in love with the little guys.

There were all kinds of chickens, an AMAZING assortment of pigeons, ducks, turkeys, guinea fowl, and probably a few more critters that I didn't recognize.

Anyway, we'll be watching for the next show, and will check out the club. It looks like a lot of fun, and a great source of both info, as well as some beautiful birds.

Back
Top Bottom