Poultry standard

ducclebreeder

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 16, 2013
Hey there! Somebody asked me what the standard was. I know what it is, and i told them. But they said they wanted the exact definition. Whats the exact definition of the poultry standard of perfection???

Hey there! Somebody asked me what the standard was. I know what it is, and i told them. But they said they wanted the exact definition. Whats the exact definition of the poultry standard of perfection???
I'm not sure either. I usually refer to it as a book published by the American Poultry Association that contains the correct descriptions for all recognized breeds of poultry. It is an important tool when judging birds; most judges have their own copy that they carry around.

Quote: Depending on the context of the question, they could be wanting what you just stated: " the correct description,": or they could have wanted the specific description for a particular breed and variety, for example, buff laced polish or grey silkies or light sussex. And you sometimes hear it used incorrectly to apply to largefowl.

Back
Top Bottom