Poultry Swap & Sale Ocala, Florida February 20th Updates post #22

We just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone who showed up for the swap and made it a success. It was a beautiful day as we had hoped. The open invitation made it possible for many new faces to be in the crowd.
We hope that you all were able to sell and buy the birds that you were all looking for. We continued to have many more people show up after most the sellers had gone home. If we had the birds we probably could have sold them all.
We will certainly be holding another swap in the near future if there is interest.
Again, We Thank You All!!!

The New BYC Banner in action. Nice looking banner.
16662_our_swap_002.jpg

Good turnout of buyers and sellers
16662_our_swap_012.jpg

16662_our_swap_004.jpg

paddock36 tormenting her new Doxie with her own little chicken costume
16662_our_swap_014.jpg

Quote:
I'm amending my want list from the other day. Have all the White Leghorns I need for now. I'm still not sure if any of the Ameracaunas I have are cockerels so if anyone has a young one from a known blue egg line I might be interested.

.....Alan.

I have two young EE roos if your interested. Eric believe's they are hens (don't you Eric?) but I'm sure they are not. It's a curse. Let me know if interested. I don't know what color egg they came from but Eric might.

Alas that I didn't see this before going to the swap this morning! Ah well, it occurred to me this afternoon that having pea combs some of the Ameracaunas I have already may in fact be cockerels that I just can't tell yet.

The Kinder Minor and I had a great time at the swap this morning. I didn't find any of the birds I'd hoped to find, but came home with one that I hadn't expected (big surprise there, huh?) for the Kinder Major when I saw OldTimeGator was there and had a nice blue Silkie cockerel to add to my daughter's show bird flock. Well, we think he's a cockerel. Neither of us were entirely certain! Either way it'll be a good addition. Now that she has two blues I'm trying to convince her to name them Jake and Elwood, but she doesn't get it...

Also bought a large cage from CMom that was needed and had a chance to talk to Pampered Pullets for a while. I'm sure I met some of the rest of you, but did not catch your names. Wanted to stay longer, but had an egg delivery to make.

Looking forward to the next swap!

.....Alan.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone...especially you guys Eric....for hosting the sale. It was GREAT and there was such a great turnout!! I brought 5 silkies and only had to take 1 home. If anyone is going to the Bent Creek swap next Sunday and you would be willing to take my black silkie cockerel, I would certainly appreciate it. Please PM me....

Best to all....

Judy

Hours late and a dollar short.. I just saw this post for the first time. I would have loved to come and will definately be at the next one. too bad for me, probably missed out on a good time and good deals. Next time.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom