Power outage and eggs due tomorrow! UPDATE 2 Trader Joes Chicks !

namastemama

Songster
8 Years
May 12, 2011
In an arid megathermal climate
UPDATE #2 we have one chick who has sucessfully hatched! YeAY!!!!!

UPDATE, OK I have a pip! Even after having no power for 8 hours! I am so excited I may just have one baby that makes it. Its peeping away. I am hatching in a brinsea. I am nervous because I have never hatched like this before. Is there anything I should be doing. you can see The pip in the top of the shell and its got other eggs around it, I usually hatch on the side, so is there anything I need to know?

What can I do? Should I put the incubator outside? Its 110 out but about 100 in the shade. Its a brinsea so I don't think it will hold the temp for long. A transformer caught fire so I could be with out power for a long time.

Last edited:
That wont hold heat in long an its not good for oxygen exchange.

Is everything in your house that creates heat electric? There is probably several gallons of hot water in the hot water heater.

Or drive it to the nearest house with a generator. You should be hearing them.

hugs.gif
And wrapping with a blanket won't allow for air circulation either ;(

I'm hoping & praying for a really good outcome for you!

Just to update we ended up getting one more shrink wrapped chick who hatched with a tiny bit of help of getting the mebrane wet again, the little guy did the job by its self. So even after a dramatic 12 ours with out power we still managed to get 2 eggs to hatch! And the kicker was these were Trader Joes eggs!

Back
Top Bottom