Power to incubator went off, ares these still viable?

linsybird

Songster
Jun 28, 2018
Oklahoma
I am doing my first incubator hatch, and I’m super excited! I’ve been waiting so long to have an incubator and hatch my own eggs. I have a Nurture Right 360, and my eggs are on day 8.

One Wednesday, our power went out. I’m not sure how long the incubator was off. The power was on when my husband left around 9:30/10 that morning, and they didn’t get it fixed until 4.

I started candling the eggs today, and I’m not sure if they are still alive or not. 4/20 eggs are too dark to candle, and 14/16 lighter eggs look like the pictures I’m going to post in the comments

Here's something to help reassure you. We had an egg we were sure wasn't alive (it had snuck into the nest mid incubation and we didmt know, and had it sit out on our counter for about 3 days, in 70ish heat just to be sure it wasn't alive when the nest was abandoned. It was still alive when we did an eggtopsy. Didn't move when candled, but definitely alive unfortunately.

As long as the house isn't cold, yours should be fine

give it a few days .. chances are theyre fine ... eggs are of a design where they can basically 'shut off' for awhile then restart especially in the early stages .. i'd be careful with them like theyre all good and just candle again in a week, any that are gone and falling behind should become obvious ..

I am doing my first incubator hatch, and I’m super excited! I’ve been waiting so long to have an incubator and hatch my own eggs. I have a Nurture Right 360, and my eggs are on day 8.

One Wednesday, our power went out. I’m not sure how long the incubator was off. The power was on when my husband left around 9:30/10 that morning, and they didn’t get it fixed until 4.

I started candling the eggs today, and I’m not sure if they are still alive or not. 4/20 eggs are too dark to candle, and 14/16 lighter eggs look like the pictures I’m going to post in the comments

hi Linsybird- I’m in the same boat as you. We had a horrific wind. Power went off at midnight .... I got them back on power at 4am. They got down to 25 degrees Celsius 😢 My eggs are at day 20. I wonder if they will be ok too

Oh no :( is it possible the power company would know what time it went out?
1/2 hour is totally normal, but I'm not sure how much longer is okay.

D120992B-3DDF-4EE7-86C9-B9E340F14252.jpeg

FFD7E0C1-CD03-41A2-9502-6AE06BFC07B7.jpeg

Oh no :( is it possible the power company would know what time it went out?
1/2 hour is totally normal, but I'm not sure how much longer is okay.
I don’t think they would. We live kind of far out, and our power company’s customer service isn’t the best. They didn’t even know why the power was off 🙄

hi Linsybird- I’m in the same boat as you. We had a horrific wind. Power went off at midnight .... I got them back on power at 4am. They got down to 25 degrees Celsius 😢 My eggs are at day 20. I wonder if they will be ok too
Let me know how they go, I hope they hatch for you!

Back
Top Bottom