prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Thank you for your comment. I did say peanut butter with the apple. Peanuts are a good source of protein, and there are some nice natural sugar-free peanut butters out there that are quite delicious. I have found that if I eat as I described, with a nice full breakfast, and good solid lunch, both very nutritious, that I am not very hungry late in the day. In fact often two good meals a day is plenty and a very light snack is all I require. I limit my intake to between the hours of 10 am and 6 pm so I can go to bed on an empty stomach and I don't feel that it is a hardship at all.
This is a good example on how everyone is different. I work out, mostly weight lifting but I do some HIIT too. I could never eat twice a day and be fine. My body requires a steady flow of nutrients and protein throughout the day. And since my workouts are in the evenings, I finish my day with a protein shake. I have never had problems sleeping

Well, planning on working on some of these to help get into a healthier range of weight (divided into major categories)

I won’t do all of these daily, but I’m going to try and pick a couple of from each category to focus on daily.
They might seem too easy or silly, but I think that they could help me.
I’ve often heard to completely cut out refined sugar, carbs, fat, exercise an hour a day, etc, but I think that’d be too hard for me to do, at least right now. Maybe I’ll work up to that stuff, but I want to present myself with easier goals that I can actually do and be satisfied in meeting.

Exercise:
HIIT workouts every other day. They’re pretty intense, so I’ll probably slowly up the time.
15 minute walk/run every day.
Stretch daily for at least a couple of minutes (I’m not super flexible...)
Horseback ride and rock climb once a week
Take breaks from tech often and walk around between times

Diet:
Don’t skip breakfast
If I’m craving sugar, eat a healthier choice like an apple before having a cookie or something
Increase vegetable and fruit intake
Drink lots of water
Smaller food quantities. Still eat plenty, but just until I’m satisfied, not full.
Smaller dessert portions
Increase whole grain and protein intake

Sleep:
No devices half an hour before bed
Don’t lounge in bed during the day (says as typing this out in bed)
Get 7-10 hours of sleep
Make sure room is cool and tidy

I know mental health doesn’t have much to do with actual physical activity, but when I was doing research it seemed like mental health could play a significant roll in physical health, so I’m trying to focus on that too.

Mental health:
Journal
Pray
Do happy things-cuddling dogs, sketching, reading, BYC, etc.
DBT skills
Therapy
Find medication balance
Don’t self harm

Mental health does have a lot to do with physical health. There needs to be balance. Your plan sounds like a very good one! I don't know what DBT skills are? If I may suggest one thing to add to your routine? You don't have anything on there, that I see, about including other people in your life. You need some kind of social contact (besides us, I mean, lol!). You need some kind of outreach. Talk to a friend on the phone at the very least. Go out for a soda or coffee, whatever your jam is. (Maybe you rock climb with a friend, idk.) Maybe your daily walk could include a buddy? Just a thought.

I’ve never made a smoothie before (*gasp*)

Should you add protein powder or whey powder? And are they a complete breakfast?

Sorry, I Know This is a prayer warriors thread, not a health thread. :oops:
Whey powder is a type of protein powder. Regardless of what type of protein powder you adding a little goes a long way. Depending on what you add to the smoothie it can be considered a full meal. There’s plenty of smoothie recipes out there on the internet you can try. Some are obviously healthier than others just like any other type of meal.

I’ve never made a smoothie before (*gasp*)

Should you add protein powder or whey powder? And are they a complete breakfast?

Sorry, I Know This is a prayer warriors thread, not a health thread. :oops:
You can, but you don't have to. I make mine with yogurt, which has some protein. Half a banana, some frozen berries (not many, I'm diabetic), and almond milk. I like a spoonful of nutritional yeast (B vitamins), and you can stuff it with greens like kale and/or spinach. I don't exercise like Triplet (bum ankle) so I don't need all the protein like she does.

Please pray for me. I’m running on not enough sleep and way to much stress. It’s been a rather terrible week all around. One of those were almost everything that can go wrong has. Chickens dying, more and more problems with college. Even the things I try to do to relax just make it worse. I had plans to fix myself a nice dinner and watch a movie. Well the new recipe was a flop and seems to have upset my stomach to boot and the movie wouldn’t play and in the middle of this another chicken died which I’ll have to go bury in the rain before church in the morning.
It’s reach the point where my memory is completely shot and I can’t tell you if I had a certain conversation yesterday or two years ago. I spent half the day Wednesday looking for container insecticide that apparently we haven’t owned for over two year’s and neither do we have the box it used to be in that I was also looking for. I feel like I’m genuinely going crazy and that’s not exactly helping with the stress which is what is causing this in the first place.

Please pray for me. I’m running on not enough sleep and way to much stress. It’s been a rather terrible week all around. One of those were almost everything that can go wrong has. Chickens dying, more and more problems with college. Even the things I try to do to relax just make it worse. I had plans to fix myself a nice dinner and watch a movie. Well the new recipe was a flop and seems to have upset my stomach to boot and the movie wouldn’t play and in the middle of this another chicken died which I’ll have to go bury in the rain before church in the morning.
It’s reach the point where my memory is completely shot and I can’t tell you if I had a certain conversation yesterday or two years ago. I spent half the day Wednesday looking for container insecticide that apparently we haven’t owned for over two year’s and neither do we have the box it used to be in that I was also looking for. I feel like I’m genuinely going crazy and that’s not exactly helping with the stress which is what is causing this in the first place.
❤️🙏❤️🙏❤️
2 Timothy 1:7 KJV
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

1. God will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you can bear, by His grace.

2. He has provided a way of escape.

3. What is that way of escape? Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth and the life." John 14:6. You can do all things through Christ Who strengthens you. Phil. 4:13. You must surrender these stressors to Him. Let Him bear these burdens for you. Just tell Him, Lord Jesus, I can't handle these problems. I'm stressed beyond my limits. I can't bear them myself. Please take them from me. I give them to You. Thank You! Amen."

4. God wants to take away the fear and give you power and a sound mind. "Heavenly Father, I claim Your promise in 2 Timothy 1:7. You have not given me a spirit of fear, so I ask You to drive it from me. I am afraid I'm losing my mind. Take that spirit of fear away from me immediately, I pray! Give me the Holy Spirit of Your power in its place so that fear can never come back. Give me the Spirit of Your love, which drives out all fear. And restore to me a sound mind, I pray in the precious name of Jesus, Who gave Himself for me. Thank You Father, for hearing and answering this my prayer in Jesus' name, Amen.

Back
Top Bottom