prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Let's see, how can I explain this without confusing you...
Basically, a whole bunch of people get together and memorize part of or all of a book of the bible. Then the "quizmaster" writes questions from the passage and tests them on how well they know it.
An example question:
According to Romans 3:13, what kind of poison is under their lips?

And then there's quote the verse, and finish the verse, which both kind of explain themselves.

There are three teams of five in a quiz. They sit on pads that are connected to the quizbox. Whoever jumps off the pad fastest gets to answer the question. The pads have two little buttons inside them and they are very sensetive. All it takes is a twitch of your leg to get them to go off, whether you meant to jump or not.
This is the back-view of a quizbox. I can't find the ones that my church uses, but this one look alot like it, except there are only three teams:
82849_xl.JPG

Wow that's interesting, I've never heard of it! Almost like a game show or jeopardy or something but the Bible, sounds kinda fun aha do you compete for anything or is it just like a different way of studying?

Wow that's interesting, I've never heard of it! Almost like a game show or jeopardy or something but the Bible, sounds kinda fun aha do you compete for anything or is it just like a different way of studying?
It's more like a game. My church hosts a tournament every year, and all the top teams in the nation come
hide.gif
We compete for bragging rights and the right to put our teeth marks in trophies
tongue.png
It's an old ritual. When and if we win, we bite the trophy "to make sure it's real gold"
gig.gif

It's  more like a game. My church hosts a tournament every year, and all the top teams in the nation come :oops:  We compete for bragging rights and the right to put our teeth marks in trophies :p  It's an old ritual. When and if we win, we bite the trophy "to make sure it's real gold" :gig

Wow that's fun! Your church must be pretty big then? And LOL nice

Would it be easier if we quoted the post by SG that had our name in it, and inserted our info with our name??? Then it could be added to until every one had chimed in on that particular page:
And He answered and said to them, “Go and report to John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have the gospel preached to them.

@PeepersMama
@EggSighted4Life
@TroyerGal
@Spartan22
@chickluvinfreak
@Chicken Girl1
@birdwrangler057
@Little Fuzzy
@LRH97

Hi y'all!

I was just reading my bible and wanted to share these verses that really struck me:

26 Consider, brothers, how you were called; not many of you are wise by human standards, not many influential, not many from noble families.
27 No, God chose those who by human standards are fools to shame the wise; he chose those who by human standards are weak to shame the strong,
28 those who by human standards are common and contemptible -- indeed those who count for nothing -- to reduce to nothing all those that do count for something,
29 so that no human being might feel boastful before God.

-1 Corinthians 1:26-29

God bless,
Chicken Girl1

What do Christians believe (please add one and only one) support with Bible verse

I want to try this because I had a conversation with a young man that thought he was Christian because he was born in the USA and the USA is a Christian country

#1 empty tomb

Matthew 28 NASB 5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. 6 He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying. 7 Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead;

What do Christians believe (please add one and only one) support with Bible verse

I want to try this because I had a conversation with a young man that thought he was Christian because he was born in the USA and the USA is a Christian country

#1 empty tomb

Matthew 28 NASB 5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. 6 He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying. 7 Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead;
What do we believe, or can we give a proof of what we believe? Your question and your answer confused me a little
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom