prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Hi, I'm Robin and I am new to this thread and I am so thankful to discover it. I have no clue how I came across this thread. But glory to God I did : ) I remember reading that BYC did not allow fowl language or religious. I must be mistaken.

They don't but this one has remained civil so they allow it :)

early in the life of this thread we decided to use the Bible to settle disagreements, if opposite thoughts are posted we try and use Bible verses as our authority.

Another idea that has helped is to "agree to disagree" and stop the posting on that topic without a moderator getting involved

Welcome Robin

I went through Cochlear Implant Surgery (left ear) this afternoon and am home now,
please pray a "thank you to Jesus" for me.

early in the life of this thread we decided to use the Bible to settle disagreements, if opposite thoughts are posted we try and use Bible verses as our authority.

Another idea that has helped is to "agree to disagree" and stop the posting on that topic without a moderator getting involved

Welcome Robin

I went through Cochlear Implant Surgery (left ear) this afternoon and am home now,

I hadn't realized that as I haven't read the whole thread, thats a great idea

Ocap, congrats on your implant! Let me know how that's working out for you, if you will :)

Huge epiphany folks, I've had a major breakthrough lol...

Gods plans and timing are so...infinitely unexplainable.. Lol that is, until AFTER the dust has settled and we realize what the whole point was.

I had been barricading myself off from "the world" for 3 years, scared witlesst that any little disturbance would cause me too much stress to resist drinking and pull me back into the "old ways". 3 years, and all the contact I've had with the outside of my home surrounded by 7' fencing, our " compound", as o lovingly call it.

I finally decide to bury the hatchet with the ex and then, boom, my entire support system was gone. BYC was down and I had no means of getting help. Or so I thought. ;)

I had just received a book I ordered, by CS Lewis, "A Grief Observed".... Things were(and are still) going great with the girls dad, getting along, so I reopened my Facebook after a 2 year hiatus just in time for a friend to commit suicide and then we lost our head elder, cone to find that another close friend list her husband, and her father as well.

I was tempted to drink. I forgot to rely on the ONE thing that I knew could help. The WORD.

Yea, I drank. And wow did it SUCK. None of that feel-good stress relief that I was looking for. I also bought a boatload of new chicks that I didn't need, trying to distract myself from it.

Then, I studied Phillipians again.

And I read the book I got.

And it hit me. I was shuttering myself off from the world out of fear that God wouldn't be enough to protect me from all the hurt that us out there. I didn't realize I was being taught and shown His love so I could go back out there, to the " world" I once knew, to be able to help my NEIGHBORS and friends, those close to me, that truly need to know Gods grace.

I was denying my duty of loving my neighbors out of a selfish fear of losing control.

I don't have control. God does. So I guess I was just spilling my guts here, and everything is going to be just fine. I have faith that there is always a bigger picture and I need to make absolute sure that God is truly first in my life, by TRUSTING his ways, ALWAYS.

That's all for now, everyone have a beautiful and blessed day :)

Ocap, congrats on your implant! Let me know how that's working out for you, if you will :)
Ditto, that. congrats on the implant. An other "poultier friend of mine" has a cochlear implant. Has had it for some time. She had to have a mighty knock down drag out fight with her insurance carrier to get the batteries covered by insurance. So, if you run into that foolishness in the future, don't hesitate to put on the boxing gloves early in the game, and keep a good paper trail right from the beginning.
Huge epiphany folks, I've had a major breakthrough lol... Gods plans and timing are so...infinitely unexplainable.. Lol that is, until AFTER the dust has settled and we realize what the whole point was.
I had been barricading myself off from "the world" for 3 years, scared witlesst that any little disturbance would cause me too much stress to resist drinking and pull me back into the "old ways". 3 years, and all the contact I've had with the outside of my home surrounded by 7' fencing, our " compound", as o lovingly call it.
I finally decide to bury the hatchet with the ex and then, boom, my entire support system was gone. BYC was down and I had no means of getting help. Or so I thought. ;)
I had just received a book I ordered, by CS Lewis, "A Grief Observed".... Things were(and are still) going great with the girls dad, getting along, so I reopened my Facebook after a 2 year hiatus just in time for a friend to commit suicide and then we lost our head elder, cone to find that another close friend list her husband, and her father as well.
I was tempted to drink. I forgot to rely on the ONE thing that I knew could help. The WORD. Yea, I drank. And wow did it SUCK. None of that feel-good stress relief that I was looking for. I also bought a boatload of new chicks that I didn't need, trying to distract myself from it.
Then, I studied Phillipians again. And I read the book I got.
And it hit me. I was shuttering myself off from the world out of fear that God wouldn't be enough to protect me from all the hurt that us out there. I didn't realize I was being taught and shown His love so I could go back out there, to the " world" I once knew, to be able to help my NEIGHBORS and friends, those close to me, that truly need to know Gods grace.
I was denying my duty of loving my neighbors out of a selfish fear of losing control.
I don't have control. God does.
So I guess I was just spilling my guts here, and everything is going to be just fine. I have faith that there is always a bigger picture and I need to make absolute sure that God is truly first in my life, by TRUSTING his ways, ALWAYS.

Praise God SG for bringing you through a firey temptation. He is good and He is faithful. I am convinced that this very reason is why we are not promised a bed of roses when we come to Him. We suffer the trials of this world so we can be a witness to those around us: a witness of what it looks like to suffer the hardship of this world while keeping our eyes on Jesus. That peace that surrounds us at such times is palpable to all who witness it. We did a Sunday School series once, many years ago. It was titled "Get out of the boat." It was modeled on Peter, as he climbed out of the trusted boat that had been holding him up, to walk through a very uncertain place with Jesus. He was fine in that uncertainty, until he took his eyes off Jesus, and looked at his circumstances. It was then, that he started to sink. Only by getting his eyes back on Jesus, was he able to rise above those circumstances. Sometimes, we climb out of our boat (comfort zone). Other times we are thrown out of the boat.

That's all for now, everyone have a beautiful and blessed day :)

For some reason in the above message, my post shows up in the quotes. I don't know why that does so, instead of showing up at the bottom and not buried in the blue back ground of the quote. Will have to play with that in the future. I also notice that we don't have the option of putting text in color... or am I missing something here???

Welcome Robin

Prayer and thanksgiving gone up for you ocap. All praise,honor,glory and power be to our Great Physician. Our Lord God the Almighty. It is the wisdom of God that keeps this thread

I am thinking about this event:

John 13 NAS

5 Then He *poured water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded. 6 So He *came to Simon Peter. He *said to Him, “Lord, do You wash my feet?” 7 Jesus answered and said to him, “What I do you do not realize now, but you will understand hereafter.” 8 Peter *said to Him, “Never shall You wash my feet!” Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me.” 9 Simon Peter *said to Him, “Lord, then wash not only my feet, but also my hands and my head.” 10 Jesus *said to him, “He who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you.” 11 For He knew the one who was betraying Him; for this reason He said, “Not all of you are clean.”

12 So when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? 13 You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. 14 If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. 16 Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. 17 If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them. 18 I do not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen; but it is that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats My bread has lifted up his heel against Me.’ 19 From now on I am telling you before it comes to pass, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am He. 20 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.”

Welcome to the thread Robin37..can't find how to "tag" people yet....

I tried to quote you LG, but nothing showed up.....

Lol now we're going to be all confused on the quotes and colors but hey, the Smiley's are easier to find now! :D

The boat...funny thing about the boat... I find that if it teeters just a smidge, then I'm super quick to just hurry and capsize the thing already, like ripping off a bandaid ha-ha. Never thought of maybe letting it heal by Gods grace and it would have just gently fallen off with me completely unaware. And would have saved a lot of boat rocking in the process. Reminds me again of that counselor years ago telling me to focus in Jesus or I was bound to sink.

I'm back in the boat lol. I'm focused. It gives me a little more faith that even when I'm the one creating the disaster, that at least I can stop and regroup without completely losing it ;)

I am thinking about this event:

John 13 NAS

5 Then He *poured water into the basin, and began to wash the disciples’ feet and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded. 6 So He *came to Simon Peter. He *said to Him, “Lord, do You wash my feet?” 7 Jesus answered and said to him, “What I do you do not realize now, but you will understand hereafter.” 8 Peter *said to Him, “Never shall You wash my feet!” Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me.” 9 Simon Peter *said to Him, “Lord, then wash not only my feet, but also my hands and my head.” 10 Jesus *said to him, “He who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you.” 11 For He knew the one who was betraying Him; for this reason He said, “Not all of you are clean.”

12 So when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? 13 You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. 14 If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. 16 Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. 17 If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them. 18 I do not speak of all of you. I know the ones I have chosen; but it is that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats My bread has lifted up his heel against Me.’ 19 From now on I am telling you before it comes to pass, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am He. 20 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who receives whomever I send receives Me; and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me.”

A good teacher leads by example. A good student learns by example. But I will always be a student, never the teacher.

So that's why Jesus said that Peter "wouldn't understand until later" why these things were happening? Why Jesus would stoop to be a servant to them? After His death and resurrection, there's just about no way to even get close other than to serve in the same way? It's almost like saying "hey, now that I've shown you how to overcome and serve and be faithful, now you go do it for others?"

It's more than just washing feet. There's way more to it than that ;)

Back
Top Bottom