prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

What if my suffering is caused by my own choices in life? According to your logic, would God then be required to stop me from making poor choices so that I don't bear the consequences of my behavior? If God removes my ability to choose my own path, then, His control of me becomes stifling. Would you want to live in a world where you had absolutely no choice in which path you will take?

By the way, I welcome your honest questions.

I think it's not a matter of He can't stop the suffering but more He chooses not to. If we never suffered or experienced sadness etc. we would never know happiness, joy etc. And also sometimes the suffering lets us grow or He makes us go through it to learn something and/or become stronger in our faith, etc. And like LG said, we are free to make our own choices and sometimes we make the wrong one and we suffer etc. And of course God is not happy about it, what parent likes watching their children suffer?, but we have to experience the consequences to learn. Though of course He does try to bring us back and also doesn't leave. But yeah. And also, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to live in a world where I was just happy all the time with no pain. I mean, I used to think I would, but that would be so mundane and happiness wouldn't even really be happiness anymore. It'd just be normal and you'd have nothing to compare it to. And of course I want to be happy, everyone wants to, but being happy is different than being happy ALL the time. That would be just as miserable aha. And if we were happy all the time and never suffered we would have no need for God and I don't ever want that. And as much as I hate how I've been lately, it's brought me closer to God in a weird way. I mean, of course I should have been close this whole time but I have this bad habit of kinda just plateauing and only getting REALLY close or doing what I should when I need something or am distressed :/ I think if I was closer normally maybe God would stop some of the stuff or help more aha

And if you mean not personal suffering but in general like suffering of the world/kids/war/hunger/ destroying the environment, etc. Well... Then I don't know and I don't really have an answer but I know that God sometimes let's things happen for a reason, even if we don't know what it is right now, and nothing is an accident. And again sometimes people make terrible choices and do those things, not necessarily God. But if everyone was good we wouldn't have a reason to follow God and make ourselves better really. Idk.

And wow, kinda feel like I'm talking to myself here haha

Back
Top Bottom