prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

I actually use The YouVersion Bible App, its a wonderful app that has numerous translations of the Bible, daily passages and reading plans you can subscribe to do. It also sends you reminders of what plan you are reading, and allows you to highlight passages, keep notes, and bookmark spots.

That’s the one I have but I rarely actually open it and use it. :oops:

This a huge thread so i appoligize i have not read it all the way through.
I have a prayer request concerning my family. We do not attend a church or have any affiliation with one. I was raised in a Weselyn church and had a very good father who seeked to live as an example of his faith. Because of him i to believe on our Lord Jesus christ. I am now 61. I lost Him when I was 19.
My DH who was diagnosed with color/rectal cancer 5 years ago and who has been valantly fighting it for 5 years has decided to go into hospice now as treatments were not working anymore. I have watched him loose 60 lbs over the last couple months and i do not know how much time we will have toghether. Tomorrow we have the lawyer come to the house and notorize our wills.
My DH has turned down any religous counceling up to this point although i encourage it, i do not want him to go untill the Lord works on him as i wish us to be together again in the next life.
I have started to feal like the lord is testing me as other things also are going wrong.
In November, a neighbor started legal proceedings against me to remove quite a few of my trees that could fall on his house. So far i have had to hire a lawyer, hire 2 arborists to evaluate the trees and take a loan that will take me years to pay off for the removal of trees.
Also my husband and I have a 17 year old daughter ( yes, the Lord blessed me with my first and only child at the age of 44) who i am quite worried about. She failed 11 grade last year and begged me to enrole her in virtual school which i did for this school year. She is now failing that with no course compleated. She also 2 weeks ago announced to us that she wanted to cut her hair ( She had beUtiful blond hair that fell half way to her waist) because "the static electricity was driving her mad". Her dad said it was ok with him and i sugested we go some evening to a walk in hair salon and get it cut. She instead went in the bathroom and used Dads beard trimmer and shaved her head. I am heartbroken for her as now she wears a beenie hat and seldom leaves the house. I cant imagine how difficult watching her dad wither away must affect her. I cant even bear to bring up the schooling anymore as she gets so emotional and full of self loathing.
Calls herself unkind names. She also velehimently refuses counceling of any sort.
Then my Brother calls me out of the blue 2 weeks ago. He is about 6 years older than i. He has always done everything right in life as far as putting himself thu college, taking care of his family and heath, never smoked or drank, worked hard to support himself an family, now he tells me the doctor discovered he has stage 4 liver diesese of which is to far advanced to cure and no hope for recovery. He did not tell me how long he has had it but i did notice he has been loosing weight in the last year and is skin and bones the last christmas family get together.
Also my oldest sister needed a ride to her doctor appointment in December and i found out she has congestive heart failure. She is about 12 years older than I. My other Sister and my mother passed awy in 2017.
The hospice lady tells me at some point i will need to stop working and stay home with my Husband and i want to do that, but i am worried about the insurance that pays for all our health needs will be lost if i dont work, also what will pay the bills that endlessly arrive in the mailbox without fail or reguard for your circumstances.
I can not even fatham what i will do without my Husband or what my life will be like without Him without my chest and throat tightening up and the tears come.
I have been listening to gospel sermons and talk radio. I have watched alot of John Macarthur and Billy Graham and i question my own faith now. The Bible says we, know not how to pray. I believe i do not. I dont know any more what to ask for except that His will be done and ask that He help me through it.
dont get me wrong, i can see the blessings in all of this also. We have a house and roof over our heads, my daughter and i are healthy, i have a job that offers good insurance, my credit was good enough to pull the needed loan, we have food and heat and running water at all times, hospice help is quite a blessing, the car is running good, i know the Lord provides all of this and in fact has given me every single thing i have or am. I give Him all the praise!
I ask that you folks who know how to pray include my family in your prayers as at times i am a hopeless wreck.

I have a prayer request concerning my family. We do not attend a church or have any affiliation with one. I was raised in a Weselyn church and had a very good father who seeked to live as an example of his faith. Because of him i to believe on our Lord Jesus christ. I am now 61. I lost Him when I was 19.
My DH who was diagnosed with color/rectal cancer 5 years ago and who has been valantly fighting it for 5 years has decided to go into hospice now as treatments were not working anymore. I have watched him loose 60 lbs over the last couple months and i do not know how much time we will have toghether. Tomorrow we have the lawyer come to the house and notorize our wills.
My DH has turned down any religous counceling up to this point although i encourage it, i do not want him to go untill the Lord works on him as i wish us to be together again in the next life.
I have started to feal like the lord is testing me as other things also are going wrong.
In November, a neighbor started legal proceedings against me to remove quite a few of my trees that could fall on his house. So far i have had to hire a lawyer, hire 2 arborists to evaluate the trees and take a loan that will take me years to pay off for the removal of trees.
Also my husband and I have a 17 year old daughter ( yes, the Lord blessed me with my first and only child at the age of 44) who i am quite worried about. She failed 11 grade last year and begged me to enrole her in virtual school which i did for this school year. She is now failing that with no course compleated. She also 2 weeks ago announced to us that she wanted to cut her hair ( She had beUtiful blond hair that fell half way to her waist) because "the static electricity was driving her mad". Her dad said it was ok with him and i sugested we go some evening to a walk in hair salon and get it cut. She instead went in the bathroom and used Dads beard trimmer and shaved her head. I am heartbroken for her as now she wears a beenie hat and seldom leaves the house. I cant imagine how difficult watching her dad wither away must affect her. I cant even bear to bring up the schooling anymore as she gets so emotional and full of self loathing.
Calls herself unkind names. She also velehimently refuses counceling of any sort.
Then my Brother calls me out of the blue 2 weeks ago. He is about 6 years older than i. He has always done everything right in life as far as putting himself thu college, taking care of his family and heath, never smoked or drank, worked hard to support himself an family, now he tells me the doctor discovered he has stage 4 liver diesese of which is to far advanced to cure and no hope for recovery. He did not tell me how long he has had it but i did notice he has been loosing weight in the last year and is skin and bones the last christmas family get together.
Also my oldest sister needed a ride to her doctor appointment in December and i found out she has congestive heart failure. She is about 12 years older than I. My other Sister and my mother passed awy in 2017.
The hospice lady tells me at some point i will need to stop working and stay home with my Husband and i want to do that, but i am worried about the insurance that pays for all our health needs will be lost if i dont work, also what will pay the bills that endlessly arrive in the mailbox without fail or reguard for your circumstances.
I can not even fatham what i will do without my Husband or what my life will be like without Him without my chest and throat tightening up and the tears come.
I have been listening to gospel sermons and talk radio. I have watched alot of John Macarthur and Billy Graham and i question my own faith now. The Bible says we, know not how to pray. I believe i do not. I dont know any more what to ask for except that His will be done and ask that He help me through it.
dont get me wrong, i can see the blessings in all of this also. We have a house and roof over our heads, my daughter and i are healthy, i have a job that offers good insurance, my credit was good enough to pull the needed loan, we have food and heat and running water at all times, hospice help is quite a blessing, the car is running good, i know the Lord provides all of this and in fact has given me every single thing i have or am. I give Him all the praise!
I ask that you folks who know how to pray include my family in your prayers as at times i am a hopeless wreck.
You are not and never have been alone. Remember this, we live in a broken world, a broken world that Satan roars around in trying to devour us. God does not provide the brokenness, but He provides not only the strength to see through it but the way in which to take this path. Our lives on this earth are but fragments of time, but our eternal life with God is forever. He knows we suffer, He knows we struggle, but He also let us know not only will He be with us always, but that the Church is here to help support all the saints in daily living. I will ask at my church Sunday, and keep praying through all this, God will never leave you, and certainly know that you do not combat the evil of Satan in this world alone. You will be prayed for! And your daughter sounds like she is at a crossroads, depression is a powerful force to confront but is by no means insurmountable. Keep letting her know you are there and always open, but that first step sadly does have to be hers, it is not something she can be pushed into.

@50-45-1 pls know that I too will pray for you and your family. Especially for your husband to find Christ. And for all these situations that have come upon you. I keep a prayer journal and I will list you down so that I may pray everyday for you. Pls keep listening to His word and as far as praying, He knows your heart and He sees your tears. You will will not be forsaken, He promises. Just rest in His love and let Him comfort you in these trying times and keep the faith my Sister. ❤

dont get me wrong, i can see the blessings in all of this also. We have a house and roof over our heads, my daughter and i are healthy, i have a job that offers good insurance, my credit was good enough to pull the needed loan, we have food and heat and running water at all time us, hospice help is quite a blessing, the car is running good, i know the Lord provides all of this and in fact has given me every single thing i have or am. I give Him all the praise!
I am not a religious person, but I read this and I had to pop in...
My father passed away from colon cancer three years ago, and I was only twelve or thirteen. It was the hardest thing to watch, watching him wither away, so I know what you're going through, part of it anyway.
My heart goes out to you, your brother, sister, husband and daughter. I am so sorry for what you are going through. Keep fighting. Use the time that your husband sister and brother have and make it the best you can. It wont get better right away, and it's not going to be easy, I know, but you've got to keep going.
You and yours are in my thoughts <3

Hi! I am so excited to see this thread. I just wanted to share some thoughts that are really weighing on my heart. I can ALWAYS use reminders for my weaknesses.
In spite of how things might feel during the trials we may face throughout our lives, God is good all the time. I always try to remind myself that God made me for this moment, whatever I am experiencing. I am the absolute world's worst at saying or thinking, "What have I done to deserve this......... (insert whatever "horrible" thing is going on)". In reality, I should ask that question in a grateful tone, about waking up in the morning and waking up my 8 year old, and during all of the moments I take for granted every single day, and some people would give anything for that. I don't have riches and I don't have much but I have what I need, as does my little girl. That's so much more than so many can say. Please keep those that don't know God in your prayers and please keep people that don't have basic life necessities in your prayers as well. Sending you all much love and prayers <3

Hi! I am so excited to see this thread. I just wanted to share some thoughts that are really weighing on my heart. I can ALWAYS use reminders for my weaknesses.
In spite of how things might feel during the trials we may face throughout our lives, God is good all the time. I always try to remind myself that God made me for this moment, whatever I am experiencing. I am the absolute world's worst at saying or thinking, "What have I done to deserve this......... (insert whatever "horrible" thing is going on)". In reality, I should ask that question in a grateful tone, about waking up in the morning and waking up my 8 year old, and during all of the moments I take for granted every single day, and some people would give anything for that. I don't have riches and I don't have much but I have what I need, as does my little girl. That's so much more than so many can say. Please keep those that don't know God in your prayers and please keep people that don't have basic life necessities in your prayers as well. Sending you all much love and prayers <3
You bring up a great point. So many times people think they did something to deserve bad things and it just is not the case!! Satan runs wild in this world, a defeated enemy in a broken world that became imperfect with the Fall. But that is why we carry the joy of Christ crucified in our hearts! We know whatever assails us in this life will not last, for all is temporary here, while the joy we have in heaven and the love of God is eternal and forever. Let that inner joy of knowing the Lord be the steeling strength to overcome the world! I also love how you brought up praying for those in darkness, that is exactly what Christ taught when he described the Body as needing to be a light in a darkened world, even if folks flee away from the light and cling to the dark.

You bring up a great point. So many times people think they did something to deserve bad things and it just is not the case!! Satan runs wild in this world, a defeated enemy in a broken world that became imperfect with the Fall. But that is why we carry the joy of Christ crucified in our hearts! We know whatever assails us in this life will not last, for all is temporary here, while the joy we have in heaven and the love of God is eternal and forever. Let that inner joy of knowing the Lord be the steeling strength to overcome the world! I also love how you brought up praying for those in darkness, that is exactly what Christ taught when he described the Body as needing to be a light in a darkened world, even if folks flee away from the light and cling to the dark.

Amen! So well worded. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom