prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Okay, I promised to develop this prophecy in the Book of Daniel that proves Jesus is the promised Messiah. Here is the prophecy:

Daniel 9:24-27 KJV
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. [25] Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. [26] And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. [27] And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

So, as highlighted above, this is a time prophecy of 70 weeks, broken down into three sections: 7 weeks, 62 weeks, and one week. (Later, in another post, we will see that these 70 weeks are part of a larger time prophecy given earlier.) Certain things were to happen during these "70 weeks" that pertained specifically to "Daniel's people," which is to say, the Jewish nation.

Since this is a time prophecy, these 70 weeks were not literal weeks but prophetic weeks. Each day in prophecy represents a literal year. Ezek. 4:6 is an example of this, as is Num. 14:34.

Had this vision been a literal 70 weeks, Daniel would have rejoiced, thinking the exile in Babylon would be over in a little over a year. But understanding the day for a year principle, he was sick for three weeks (Dan. 10:2,3). He saw the prophecy as extending far into the future.

Seventy weeks is 490 years. To find out when the events described would occur, we first need to find out when the "70 weeks" began. The answer appears in verse 25:

Daniel 9:25 KJV
Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

When was the command given to "restore and to build Jerusalem"? Three different kings, Cyrus, Darius and Artaxerxes, actually gave such orders, but only the last actually implemented and financed it so the work began. Ezra 7:1-26. This occurred in the seventh year of Artaxerxes' reign, a date firmly established in history as 457 B.C.

I am trying to be brief, so at this point I will say that we need to look at what transpired at the end of 69 weeks, or 483 years, which brings us to 27 A.D.: Jesus was baptized "in the fullness of time." He was anointed. The word Christ means "Anointed One." Seven weeks and 62 weeks are 69 weeks. One "week" of the prophecy is left. That's seven years. At the beginning of this last week of prophecy. Jesus was anointed to begin His ministry; what happens next? For three and a half years, Jesus preached, taught, ministered, healed, rebuked, exhorted - and discipled. He built the foundation of His bride, the church. And "in the midst of the week," just as foretold, Messiah was "cut off, but not for Himself." He died on the cross, but not for His own sins, for He was without sin. He died in our place, for our sins. He died for me. He died for you. Three days later He rose from the grave to everlasting life, which He can now give to anyone who believes in Him and accepts His sacrifice. Amazing grace!

Yet the time of the Jews was not yet over. Three and a half years yet remained to them of the time prophecy. The 70th week was not complete. So for three and a half more years, until 34 A.D., the gospel continued to go almost exclusively to the Jews. Until the stoning of Stephen. And then, said the disciples, "we turn to the Gentiles." The Jews had failed in their mission to be a light to the world. They would not hear the good news of the gospel. (As a nation, that is. Of course like anyone else, Jewish people are welcome to hear, believe and accept the good news of salvation as it is freely offered through Jesus Christ!) Like the fig tree Jesus had cursed, the blessings of the gospel were taken from them as a chosen nation and given to the world at large.

Jesus fulfilled all the details of this and other prophecies of the Old Testament. He was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. All the ceremonies of the sanctuary pointed to Him. He is the fulfillment, the Desire of all ages. He is our Savior, our Messiah, our Lord and our God. Praise Him! All glory to Him! Amen.

I hope this study has been interesting and I welcome questions and discussion on this or any other Bible topic!

This is my personal Jesus story!

Two months ago, I rescued a 6 week old chicken from my grandparents that couldn't walk and was starving. I took him home and he lived on my back deck in a cage. He went through maggots at one point, and I was out feeding him every two hours. On top of not being able to walk he has a cross beak, which meant eating was a learning curve for him. I have no experience in chickens, I'm only 17 years old and my grandparents kept them but I never was interesting in caring for them. But I couldn't let this little guy starve. Eventually he learned to scoot on his side by kicking his legs and could eat if the bowl was next to him and it was wet food. I also named him Flynn. Fast forward to last week (now two months into caring for him) and I started going to a young ladies youth group. I'm super shy and have had bad experiences with other teenagers so I was very hesitant to go. But I met a lot of nice girls and the leaders were very supportive and nice. They learned of my little chicken and reminded me that God sees every sparrow that falls. This really helped my faith, I had been praying for Flynn at first but hadn't seen any real progress so I had stopped. But this last week, Tuesday, at the youth group, one of the leaders offered to pray for him. The next day, I went to the regular youth group for the first time, and the message was about healing, about a boy that was possessed with a demon and Jesus rid him of it. Jesus said "This kind can only be rid by prayer." I started thinking about this and truly prayed for my little Flynn to be healed. Guess what happened? Two days later he walked. I literally sobbed because God truly healed my buddy.
I was getting worried because it is nearing winter and I didn't know how that would work if he couldn't walk, and also I didn't want to put him down. I'm really attached to him, and him to me, (he follows me around and snuggles in my lap). I have anxiety and am on the autism spectrum, and I cannot tell you how much Flynn helps me. If I'm feeling worried, he keeps me company. He helps me get up in the morning because he needs me to feed him. He has helped me so much and I'm so glad God healed him.
He's my miracle!!
Thank you for sharing this wonderful story of answered prayer! I am raising my 14-yo grandson (whom I call The Kid), who is ADHD and is mildly Asperger's. Shy he is not, though! 😆 I know autism can be challenging all by itself and shyness is a whole other issue. You are very brave to be sharing with us, as well as going to your youth group. I am glad to hear you are enjoying it. 😊 You are a very special and brave young lady to have taken on the challenge of caring for this special-needs chicken. I think you are going to find it very rewarding. God bless you in all your endeavors. I hope you keep coming back to this thread and let us now how your chickie is doing. Oh, and pssst, we love pictures of chickens here! 😉

Dear Father in heaven,
Please bless our new friend @Docdetective and her chicken Flynn. You know how much Doc loves Flynn and wants him to get well and strong. You also know what it means to Doc to have a little chicken buddy. So please, Father, if it pleases you and You know it is best for both of them, make Flynn well and strong so they can have a long and happy friendship together, and so Doc can tell many people what a great and wonderful and prayer-answering God You are! Thank You! Amen 🙏😍

This is Flynn yesterday, his first full day of walking!
Th
22ACB625-EBE1-4E48-98C7-243AFC21FA37.jpeg
I

This is my personal Jesus story!

Two months ago, I rescued a 6 week old chicken from my grandparents that couldn't walk and was starving. I took him home and he lived on my back deck in a cage. He went through maggots at one point, and I was out feeding him every two hours. On top of not being able to walk he has a cross beak, which meant eating was a learning curve for him. I have no experience in chickens, I'm only 17 years old and my grandparents kept them but I never was interesting in caring for them. But I couldn't let this little guy starve. Eventually he learned to scoot on his side by kicking his legs and could eat if the bowl was next to him and it was wet food. I also named him Flynn. Fast forward to last week (now two months into caring for him) and I started going to a young ladies youth group. I'm super shy and have had bad experiences with other teenagers so I was very hesitant to go. But I met a lot of nice girls and the leaders were very supportive and nice. They learned of my little chicken and reminded me that God sees every sparrow that falls. This really helped my faith, I had been praying for Flynn at first but hadn't seen any real progress so I had stopped. But this last week, Tuesday, at the youth group, one of the leaders offered to pray for him. The next day, I went to the regular youth group for the first time, and the message was about healing, about a boy that was possessed with a demon and Jesus rid him of it. Jesus said "This kind can only be rid by prayer." I started thinking about this and truly prayed for my little Flynn to be healed. Guess what happened? Two days later he walked. I literally sobbed because God truly healed my buddy.
I was getting worried because it is nearing winter and I didn't know how that would work if he couldn't walk, and also I didn't want to put him down. I'm really attached to him, and him to me, (he follows me around and snuggles in my lap). I have anxiety and am on the autism spectrum, and I cannot tell you how much Flynn helps me. If I'm feeling worried, he keeps me company. He helps me get up in the morning because he needs me to feed him. He has helped me so much and I'm so glad God healed him.
He's my miracle!!
thank you Lord for healing Flynn in the mighty name of Jesus amen

I’m actually not really sure if it’s a he😂 He is really behind in his growth compared to other chickens his age so I still don’t know, but he just seems like a he to me.
More pics, I would have done them last night, but my Internet wasn’t working.

1ED456A1-6CE8-4555-91F5-348A6906E7DE.jpeg

Him hanging out with me(he likes to be wrapped in a towel)
CABB0ED3-59D3-4D16-AAD4-FA48FB4B20A1.jpeg

As I’m writing this he is hanging out with me in the garden.
CD8E952E-0721-4381-B761-37E8EF824960.jpeg

He likes to lay against my leg
25CA2CE4-7435-436B-9837-7621497D0090.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom