prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome)

Found this in the book of Daniel:

Daniel 10:13 KJV
But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Daniel fasted and prayed for 21 days before he was able to get an answer to a specific prayer, but he persisted and eventually prevailed. I am going to fast and pray for the healing of our nation. Of course I can't do a total fast, but there are some special things I plan to deny myself to help focus my intentions. Anyone who cares to is welcome to join me, as Scripture tells us, "wherever two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

Whichever way you voted, whatever your political leanings, does not matter. What matters is that our nation must come to unity, for "a house divided against itself cannot stand." We must submit ourselves to the Lord and let Him lead and guide us. We must submit to Him as our ultimate Guide, as Lord of our lives. Let us search our hearts, become willing to lay aside our pride, repent of any selfishness which is idolatry, and become willing to trust Him in all things.

The purpose of fasting and prayer is not to change God's mind or to convince Him to give us what we think we want. It is to humble us and to bring us into harmony with the will of God. Let us ask Him for the humility we need to allow Him to work in our lives and to bring us into harmony with His will, both as individuals and as a nation, so that He may lift the curse that is on our land, lest we die.

Found this in the book of Daniel:

Daniel 10:13 KJV
But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Daniel fasted and prayed for 21 days before he was able to get an answer to a specific prayer, but he persisted and eventually prevailed. I am going to fast and pray for the healing of our nation. Of course I can't do a total fast, but there are some special things I plan to deny myself to help focus my intentions. Anyone who cares to is welcome to join me, as Scripture tells us, "wherever two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

Whichever way you voted, whatever your political leanings, does not matter. What matters is that our nation must come to unity, for "a house divided against itself cannot stand." We must submit ourselves to the Lord and let Him lead and guide us. We must submit to Him as our ultimate Guide, as Lord of our lives. Let us search our hearts, become willing to lay aside our pride, repent of any selfishness which is idolatry, and become willing to trust Him in all things.

The purpose of fasting and prayer is not to change God's mind or to convince Him to give us what we think we want. It is to humble us and to bring us into harmony with the will of God. Let us ask Him for the humility we need to allow Him to work in our lives and to bring us into harmony with His will, both as individuals and as a nation, so that He may lift the curse that is on our land, lest we die.
Thank you for this. It was needed immensely by me today :hugs

Thank you for this. It was needed immensely by me today :hugs
Hi, Daisy. What I quoted was spoken to Daniel by an angel. It is amazing to me that a political leader, a human king or prince was actually able to resist an angel 😱 and prevent that angel from answering Daniel's prayer. We simply MUST pray, pray, PRAY, and persist in prayer, understanding that there is much, much more going on in an invisible, spiritual world than we can imagine. Our prayers enable the angels to do their work. We cannot afford to be complacent. Up with your swords! Down to your knees!

Psalm 27:1 KJV
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Nehemiah 8:10 KJV
Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for
the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Have a joyful day, y'all!

Psalm 27:1 KJV
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Nehemiah 8:10 KJV
Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for
the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Have a joyful day, y'all!
Yay psalm 27, it's my favorite!!

Back
Top Bottom