Prayers for my friends who had to turn off life support on 14 yr old .

There are no words I can say - nothing to comprehend the loss. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy for both you and the family.

On this side of heaven, no response is acceptable and nobody seems to understand fully the loss. As someone who has walked in those shoes, I know.

My son is 14. When he was 12 we almost lost him in an accident. He still suffers affects from this incident. His brain did not heal completely. I still Thank God everyday that he is still with us, no matter how much he has changed. Every time I hear stories like this I put myself in those parents shoes, because it could have so easily been us.

My heart breaks for that family. They will be in my thoughts and prayers, I can't imagine the pain.
hugs.gif

I thought about this thread every time I woke up in the night. Just last week a 5 month old baby in our area died from this very same thing. 4 days ago we got a call from some good friends of ours, a mutual friend of ours with a 2 month old baby had been diagnosed with it as well.

Last Thursday my 14 yo DS was coughing and running a fever. I am a little over protective from reasons mentioned in above post and also he has severe asthma (made worse form a collapsed lung caused from accident) so he gets bronchitis and develops breathing problems very quickly. So I immediately took him to the DR.

That was the first thing the the DR checked him for . I stated that I thought it was a young child illness. Not at all, he said that ages between 11-18 are the highest risk group and are highly recommended to have the Vaccine!

Yes there is a shot! I checked into it and in our area it is $182. My DS is on my Xs insurance. It will pay all but $20!!! As soon as he is well we will be doing this. Please think about getting it for your children as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom