Prayers please

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by debilorrah, Mar 12, 2009.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My step son suffers from psychosis and today is not a good day at all. We cannot afford his medications. I need prayer for his mind and for alternatives to be made available. Meds currently are over $1,000 a month.

Thank you.

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Prayers being sent to you and your family Debi. [​IMG]

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Debi, have you checked with the doctor to see if you qualify for the drug program that is run BY the drug companies? I know a lot of md's don't bother with it because it's a pain in the butt, but search your area for doctors that do this, it's called Indegent Medicine program or something like that. It's based on income, but you'd be surprised how much the drug companies will let you earn and still help you out. Check with any Rural Healthcare centers around you, they usually have this program.

4. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Lotsa prayers going out for him , and your whole family to get through this. I have a friend who suffers from psychosis and I know how expensive and difficult it is to deal with. [​IMG]

Hang in there, maybe Kristen's suggestion will help! [​IMG]

Nancy

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] Deb, my heart goes out to you. Prayers are being said and I sure hope you find a happy resolution for the problem.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Thank you - I never even thought of that. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    [​IMG] Prayers for your family. I hope you can find a solution. I know it sounds bizarre but have you ruled out food allergies? They really do cause serious mental problems for some people.

8. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    [​IMG] Prayers sent !! [​IMG]

9. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

No problemo, I ran that program for 4 years at a rural clininc and hated EVERY minute of it. You can actually go to the website of the manufacturer that makes the med you need and download the forms to fill out and then find a md that will assist you in getting them. You have to have the meds delivered to a docotrs office, but they send 3 months worth at a time.

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hugs, Debi...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by