Pre-singing anxiety! *Update!*

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kargo, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    I'm aware it's the middle of the summer, but here I am, with a little less than three hours to go before I head off to school to sing. EEPS! My choir teacher is taking my cousin and I out for lunch at McDonald's, and then bringing us to the school so I can sing. I'm not really used to singing alone in front of my choir teacher, so, naturally, I'm sitting here shaking like a leaf and wide awake even if I did sleep just six hours. I'm really freaking out. You could say I'm a big chicken. But, my choir teacher sort of hinted at possible opportunities to make me more comfortable singing (alone) onstage this year, which means.......SOLO! She'll be critiquing my voice, and I'm nervous, even though I am good friends with her.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Just do your best. When you sing, don't look at her face directly. Look out and above her face. I'm sure she's aware that you'll be a little nervous, but it's so cool that she saw your potential and wants to work with you over the summer! She'll be able to help you build confidence, and to get one-on-one coaching in singing is *awesome.*

3. kargo

May 8, 2009
    I think you can just go ahead and take the "little" out. My stomach's doing jumping jacks! I'm nervous, but also a tiny, tiny bit excited. I love to sing- just not in public. lol

4. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    You'll do great! [​IMG]

5. kargo

May 8, 2009
    I did it! I got to sing two of my favorite songs- one we did in the choir this year, and another one that my friend M sang for the whole school this year. That's a video of M singing it this year. I should me able to get the video of me singing it up later. My choir teacher accompanied me on both songs. She said that I have a lot of potential in my voice, but that I need more confidence.

6. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

7. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Good job!

The definition of bravery is "Being scared out of your wits and still getting your job done."

Brave, my friend, brave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by