Predator ID no pictures here!

Was the best 'talk to text' I've seen....punctuation and even paragraphs, OhMy!
You must have excellent enunciation....or did some editing with the keyboard :D

well aside from the rambling the talk to text works pretty well.
My RA and cold weather have put the hurt on my hands. Yeah I had to go back and edit a couple really bad errors. I’m really anal about spelling and punctuation but trying to loosen up a little

My traps were empty this am. I will try again after all the pussycats are in for the night. Temps are in teens to 20’s at night .
I know those little booger’s are hungry and need to constantly eat. I’m picking up some rat traps and will build a weasel box this weekend.
If it’s a Mink maybe I can have a nice warm fur collar for my motorcycle jacket? Lol Lord knows I’ve paid for it in bird weight. It really tore me in half throwing away two 30lb trash bags of murdered Guineas . I haven’t even gotten to eat one myself and down to 6! Grrrr!

What kind of terrain do you have in your area? From a bit of wikipedia, apparently weasels are territorial and stay in a 20 acre area. Long-tailed weasels like to have dens in rock piles or under tree stumps. Do you have any lakes/pond/rivers in your area? Minks are semi-aquatic.

I am technically located on what’s known as a plunging nose-slope. My minimally developed area has about 1.5 acres cleared off the ridge line. The surrounding low areas are 100% wetland. Figure 75% is wetland bordered. 25% is bordering 100+ acres of undisturbed mature and mixed brush stand. My minimally cleared area is hopefully under 1.5 acres. I left the rest of the 6 acres in high grass wetland, brush and transitioning forestation. My developed area around house and barn sites is again about 1.5 acres in a linear fashion on the ridge line with decreasing elevation the developed portion is 20-30’ in elevation above the wetland and linearly as close as 50’-300’ horizontally from open cleared area in grass, buildings & a 1/2acre pad leveled and clear in gravel & fine shale.

The environmental is diverse with abundant critters. I bought the land for a reason. I enjoy wildlife and the only snakes have been small Garder Snakes and Black snakes. The hawks and Crows showed no mercy on the snakes if in the open. That has been an issue for the guinea but not the ducks as I only let them out when they were nearly full grown.
There have been beaver so it’s a ripe food rich environment.

Back
Top Bottom