Purchased eggs from auction but can't seem to leave feedback.

petunias212

Songster
9 Years
Jan 12, 2011
I purchased some eggs from a byc member's auction. She responded to the questions I had and told me to just send her a money order, which I did. However, I can't seem to leave feedback.

What problem are you having? Go to your profile page (link above) and click on the hyper-link on the left that says 'Auctions'. That will show any you've won/lost/sold/not sold. Find the auction and click it. When you are on the auction page it will have an area right below where it shows the member's feedback for you to leave. But if you didn't bid on the auction it won't let you leave any.

then that's the problem right there - she didn't let me bid, she told me just to send her a money order...and she's not responding to my messages...ok thank you for your help. Live and learn.

Quote:

We encourage all our sellers and buyers to use our systems in the proper fashion so that the feedback system will work as designed. We advise buyers to purchase only from sellers that use the auction system the way it was intended (i.e., ones that don't discourage people from buying outside of the system).

If sellers and buyers engage in transactions outside of the system, there is no recourse for bad transactions... or ways to leave good feedback in successful transactions.

I will definetly never purchase again unless i'm allowed to bid. Thank you all for the info.

Quote:

Can we get a name? That way no one else makes the same mistake.

To fix such problems, you could create a sticky in the auctions section... Kind of like a bad check wall at restaurants.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=250783

According
to the BSA rules above, the issue should be resolved privately. Putting the person's name on this thread will only cause more problems than it would solve.

Have you tried contacting the person via email instead of just through PM? Also, since you send a MO, I'm assuming you kept a copy of the receipt with the address of person on it. If so, try send a certified letter about your experience and include contact information.

That's another good reason why to do business using Paypal. With Paypal you could open a dispute and get the seller's attention for sure.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but not all of us that list things and ask that you not use the BIN button are bad. However, it is always good to check feedback - from multiple sources if possible - before sending money. If you are really concerned about it, you can even go as far as contact previous buyers for their experiences with the seller.

Like greenfamilyfarms says, all auction issues are to be handled privately, never on public forum. Naming names is not allowed either.

If it were a regular auction and you have exhausted all avenues of resolution, you can contact a staff member and we can look into it.

Unfortunately since there is no record of an off auction transaction, there is not much we can (or will) do.

Back
Top Bottom