Pure Bred Barnevelder or Cross?

Lockit

Hatching
9 Years
Sep 7, 2010
Australia
Hi I am new to the breed barnevelder and i got this rooster from a handy trader claiming he is a pure bred (i got him for $15) and figured he is so cheap so he may not be a pure bred i think he is stunning anyway any tips of spotting good quality barnys would be great.

67311_100_1342.jpg

67311_100_1340.jpg

67311_100_1341.jpg

I don't have any experience with the breed, but with a little research I can tell you he looks like a Barnevelder. I could not tell you weather he is pure or crossed. If he is pure I would think that he is not show quality.
I do know in general chicken terms that the breeding stock can give a good indication of the quality of the offspring. But not all offspring turn out at top quality.

Last edited:
Yes I think he is quite handsome as well, he has a lovely nature to I was hoping to eventually show Barnevelders can you tell me why he is not of show quality? He has legs like tree trunks, the photos dont really do his feathers much justice unfortunately and his tail got a little bit damaged in the car trip
sad.png

P.S he is about 7-8months old

Last edited:
I would like to thank both of you for answering was hoping for a little more info but thank-you to you both once again

Back
Top Bottom