Pure Silver Phoenix Rooster!!

The_Coop

Chirping
Jun 19, 2020
In February, I got an order from Murray McMurray hatchery for 20 chicks that were supposed to be hens. Since then, 5 of them have grown up to become roosters including the special one! The special on, I found out from research and questions, turned out to be a Pure Silver Phoenix. I am, however, getting rid of the four other roosters which are speckled Sussex roosters which are much bigger then the Silver Phoenix.
My questions are:
1) Will this rooster be able to protect my hens alongside my goose?
2) How big will this rooster become?
Thanks!

Phoenix are not really big, the standard of perfection for poultry lists them at around 4 1/5 to 5 1/2 pounds (whereas like a sussex end up being 7 1/5 to 9lb!)

I would only be concerned if you got the bantam variety, they weigh 24-26oz but like all roosters will probably still try to protect your flock! :D

edit; grammar

Pure Silver Pheonix R.jpg

This is what it look like. Im not sure if its the bantam type because I only found out what it actually was 2 night ago tbh! :D

Phoenix are not really big, the standard of perfection for poultry lists them at around 4 1/5 to 5 1/2 pounds (whereas like a sussex end up being 7 1/5 to 9lb!)

I would only be concerned if you got the bantam variety, they weigh 24-26oz but like all roosters will probably still try to protect your flock! :D

edit; grammar
Also thanks for the helpful info:D👍!!

Back
Top Bottom